Forums Latest Members
  1. GrandOmega

GrandOmega Dec 12, 2023

It's a bit annoying that on a $2K+ watch, I have to routinely factory reset my watch to re-establish the connection with my phone. Restarting the phone + watch doesn't fix the issue. My iPhone constantly appears as "unavailable" on my watch's bluetooth settings screen.

I also had the same problem with the same watch when I used an Android phone.

It kind of makes me want to give up on using this watch.

Venting done for now. How do I avoid a situation like this? Hitting the big red button (factory resetting) watch should be a very rare necessity but I've had to do it multiple times now just to use the watch. :(

2. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 12, 2023

It doesn’t look normal. You could ask your AD to fix it, because it’s still under warranty.

Did you update it to Wear OS 3, or is it still on Wear OS 2?

3. GrandOmega

GrandOmega Dec 12, 2023

It's on Wear OS. I wonder if it's because I had the Wear OS app installed on my iPhone separately from the Tag Heuer App.

4. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Dec 13, 2023

If you updated your E4 to Wear OS 3, then you should use just the TAG Heuer Connected app from your phone with the watch.

The Wear OS app in your phone is only to use with the watch when it is on Wear OS 2, so you could remove it if you updated your E4 to Wear OS 3

IMG_6563.jpeg IMG_6565.jpeg

5. Stonebridge

Stonebridge Mar 10, 2024

I'm experiencing the exact same problems - and I've downloaded and have been using the new Tag Heuer connected app exclusively. Nearly every time i turn off or reset my phone, it unpairs the watch and starts a cascade of glitches in the app/connection, ultimately resulting in the need to reset the watch and lose all prior saved data. This is a rather serious bug, and I would expect much better from such a brand as this.

Sinbaddylad likes this.
  6. Gene242

Gene242 Mar 10, 2024

Question, have you deleted the wear OS by Google from your phone, I have seen having both apps installed cause connectivity issues.

If that doesn't work, I suggest taking it to a boutique that has a flash station

7. GrandOmega

GrandOmega Mar 11, 2024

I've avoided the issue for a while by deleting the separate Wear OS app and simply using the Tag Heuer Connected App. The TH Connected App should warn users about this conflict, but oh well.

8. Stonebridge

Stonebridge Mar 11, 2024

I did delete the Wear OS app. I'll try taking it to a boutique- I'm not familiar with "flash station" - is that a term for a tag heuer store that also offers tech support for Connected smart watches?

9. Gene242

Gene242 Mar 11, 2024

Yes..Reflash station to be exact--a laptop and a dock the watch is connected to that resets the watch completely and updates to latest software

10. Sinbaddylad

Sinbaddylad Mar 25, 2024

Mine is a week old and I’ve already called Tag to tell them I’m taking it back this week for a full refund. Being told it’s “normal” to do a couple of factory resets in 1 week by the rudest Tag employee I’ve ever spoken to was reason enough without this crock of crap around my wrist.

Jim Dollares likes this.