Forums Latest Members

Difference between WAN2110 and WAN2110-0 ?

1. JesterMinute

JesterMinute Aug 27, 2022

Hi - this is my first post so be gentle!

I am going to look at WAN2110 and a WAN2110-0 Aquaracers, I have searched the net and found no reference to model differences between the two. Can anyone enlighten me?

I currently have a Monaco CAW211P but I am after a daily use watch and fancy getting another TAG and prefer the look of the WAN2110(-0)

Thanks in advance!

2. JesterMinute

JesterMinute Aug 29, 2022

...so having trawled through a fair amount of forum posts I can find no reference to the WAN2110-0 model, not even in the Aquaracer or Special edition threads. Does this model exist or is it a fake? I have seen a couple of other WAN2110-0 models for sale on the net though. I can only assume that if it is a real model that there must be some difference in the dial if the model codes are anything to go by. That said I am dammed if I can spot anything in the photos I have seen either from this vendor or other vendors of the -0.

Its for sale through H&T and when they arrive in store I will let you know my opinions.

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 29, 2022

It may not be the dial, these codes can mean anytthing.

4. JesterMinute

JesterMinute Aug 30, 2022

So I have an answer! and straight from the horses mouth as I called TAG Heuer themselves.

They confirmed its a genuine model code and there are no technical or cosmetic differences between the two. The -0 designates it as a later release of the same watch, simple as that !

Jim Dollares likes this.
  5. imagwai

imagwai Aug 30, 2022

Only just seen this. Yes, quite a few TAG models have a -0 after them, and even seen a -1 and -2. They are just later versions of the same model that often don't differ in spec but must denote some manufacturing difference or batch reference to those at the factory.

JesterMinute likes this.
  6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 30, 2022

It must mean something.

7. JesterMinute

JesterMinute Aug 30, 2022

Now I know what I am looking at I can see lots of -0 (and some -1/2/3) TAGs for sale.

8. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 30, 2022

Conversely TAG can completely change a dial without feeling the need to put a suffix on the end of the number. Both of these are WAH1110. The mind boggles...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jim Dollares likes this.
  9. JesterMinute

JesterMinute Aug 31, 2022

I wonder if the -0 revision is to fix the crown thread tipping issues?

10. JesterMinute

JesterMinute Sep 1, 2022

Well I have pulled the trigger on the WAN2110-0. Looked much nicer condition than the photos suggested. I will find my macro lens and post pictures.

...I also bought a WAR2414 for the missus :rolleyes: ::screwloose::

Jim Dollares and McBeardy like this.
  11. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Sep 1, 2022

usually it seems like there is a slight difference in bracelet.

12. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Sep 1, 2022

LOL it's like completely different watches. That's awful. It gets worse with the older formulas, cause it's hard to know when they decided to make the bracelet end links 2MM wider for no reason.

13. JesterMinute

JesterMinute Sep 1, 2022

As far as I know there is a separate code for the bracelets

eg the full code for the WAR2414 is war2414.ba0776 the second part being the bracelet code

14. jamesbizs

jamesbizs Sep 1, 2022

Yes, there is a separate code for bracelets. Sometimes bracelets that are different have the same code. Some bracelets also add the stupid -1 -0 code. Sometimes the bracelets are noticeably different with the code. sometimes not. the BA0776 code is attached to that model, but the bracelet number itself is faa029 or maybe faa016. But then you have end link codes as well. lol. I sell tag heuer parts, and have done so for 20 years, and I still can barely get my head around it.

And I personally wouldn't take the word of someone from tag heuer, unless they were around at the time these watches were produced. I'm not saying they are wrong. Just that they can be wrong. I've given up trying to get accurate info from them.

not that any of this matters to you or your purchase. You'll be happy with your WAN2110-0 . Hell, most times, they don't even bother including the -0 and you'll never know without looking at the pictures. Gets annoying when you're trying to buy a bracelet, that is completely incompatible with your watch, just because it has a -1 and seller didn't think it was important.

JesterMinute and Jim Dollares like this.