Forums Latest Members
  1. Vintage Lemania

Vintage Lemania Sep 15, 2020

I have very little knowledge of Heuer watches, but after posting a watch labeled as a "Heuer" containing the val 69 movement that as it turns out is pretty questionable(it seems) as to whether or not it really is a Heuer it got me wondering. Are there any documented, legitimate Heuer chronographs that utilized the miniature valjoux 69 movement? I have yet to see any catalog pics that show any. Curious if anyone has any insight on this. Thanks in advance all!

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 16, 2020

No, I don't believe so. This was an older Valjoux calibre, used by Rolex and the like. But I'm not aware of any Heuers to feature this movement.

In the 1950s Heuer tended to use Landeron 13 movements, or Valjoux (mainly the Valjoux 22)

3. Vintage Lemania

Vintage Lemania Sep 17, 2020

That's what I figured. Seems like the val 69 was a pretty obscure movement. Interestingly, through searching a while ago, I stumbled across a listing of a so called "miniature" Heuer(or at least it appears that way). Any thoughts on the potential authenticity, or lack of with the piece in question? Here is a link. Obviously its sold, but was just curious. Dial almost looks to be way too clean to be original.

https://www.matthewbaininc.com/watch-details/522

4. Redwes25

Redwes25 Sep 17, 2020

All I have to say is that Strap is something!

5. Vintage Lemania

lol that it is. Am I crazy to say I kinda like the strap? haha

6. Redwes25

Redwes25 Sep 17, 2020

Actually dont think so. I kind of like it too as it goes great with that gilt dial. However, not sure I would ever put it on my actual wrist.

Also, these pre-Jack Heuer's are a giant minefield in my mind. I honestly, don't think I would buy anything unless I could find the exact watch on onthedash and it lined up exactly.

7. Vintage Lemania

True on both aspects. I don't think id be ok with the idea of "cant verify either way" in terms of the authenticity, or lack thereof of such a piece. Knowing me, it would be a nagging bother in the back of my mind, that would impede on my enjoyment of the piece. The val 69 certainly is interesting, with that said. It would be cool to see or hear of proof that a Heuer used that movement.