Forums Latest Members
  1. MRC

MRC Nov 13, 2017

Came across this today -- sorry about the exposure :oops:

Scan-0129.jpg

This is the Daytune (of Cambridge) idea of a courtesy car while some damage to my (rear-ended :eek: ) own car was being repaired. The Formula 3 GRD partly visible carries sponsorship decals from Daytune, so it's not entirely a coincidence.

Anyone else had an interesting courtesy car?

Calibre11 and SteveP like this.
  2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Nov 15, 2017

Really? That's quite amazing...I assume that your car is not a Ford Fiesta ;)

3. MRC

MRC Nov 15, 2017

Scan-0120.jpg

Not a good place to park when the anti-fouling is being renewed. This would be winter 1984/5. Note Well: racing cars, even single-seaters, is a lot less expensive than boats -- and I only had a part-share in the costs of this.

As the Esprit S3 and my Excel had the same engine specification and the same tyre design it was interesting to compare the differences in steering, braking, traction, etc between the two engine positions without too many other variables confusing things.

4. elbeik

elbeik Nov 16, 2017

Worse piece of junk I was given was a Chinese Geely.
    Back in Lebanon, I had an Opel that went for service - the same dealer had the Geely brand.
    I remember the ceiling light and door buzzer coming on at every corner. Talk about structural integrity...
    Under the rain, it handled like a soap bar.

Top loaner was a Mercedes c-class here in KSA when I traded in my car and awaited the new one to arrive.