Forums Latest Members
  1. vicsalt

vicsalt Mar 24, 2018

Starting to feel this is a pointless smart watch for IOS, 90% of the time its disconnected from my phone and won't reconnect. This is basic stuff. I can honestly say I never ever not once had this issue with my apple watch, Whilst Im not a Apple fan boy, I do own several devices, one thing they get absolutely right is it all works.
    If anyone can advise on reconnecting my watch to my phone please do.

And rebooting everything multiple times doesn't work, I don't know if its TAG, Android or Apple I should be pissed with , but it isn't rights, Ive spent £2000 an a smart watch, which is inferiour to a £150 smart watch, I wish Luxury Brand manufactures would create a device that works as it should reliable on both IOS and Android. Not good enough for me, starting to feel I should of got a mechanical watch and kept the apple, maybe common as fuck but works

2. vicsalt

vicsalt Mar 24, 2018

in process of factory reset, all the hours I've spent setting it up all down the drain, theres my second issue no options to back up :(

3. vicsalt

vicsalt Mar 24, 2018

Yep 2 hours later all back to normal, hard reset always sorts it, but shouldn't need to. Poor software, poor integration with IOS.

4. Iñaki

Iñaki Mar 24, 2018

I have the same issue, made factory reset and nothing.

5. Feanor

Feanor Mar 25, 2018

I'm reading the comments related to the TAG Heuer Connected and it's pretty obvious that the vast majority of Connected owners are iPhone owners.
    As far as I have understood from browsing the internet, the closed nature of iOS is creating issues with Wear OS. Apart from limited functionality, I have seen comparison tests where it is shown that battery life of the smartwatch gets a major hit when connected to an iPhone in comparison to an Android.
    I am a Sony Xperia user and I have had three different Android Wear - Wear OS devices (amongst them a first generation TAG Heuer Connected) and everything works always as advertised.
    So in the end it's a matter of priorities; if you love your iPhone, then you might want to stick to an Apple Watch. If you love your TAG smartwatch, you can switch to an Android flagship like a Samsung Galaxy S9, a Google Pixel or a Sony Xperia XZ(2, Premium, whatever).
    Thankfully the difference between a TAG Heuer smartwatch and an Apple Watch is so big that the choice is easy: if you are cool with the techy feeling of the Apple Watch, this is the right choice. If you cannot wear a small smartphone-like device on a strap, then prioritise your TAG.

6. Feanor

Feanor Mar 25, 2018

Maybe it is disappointing that you pay big bucks for a luxury smartwatch and it doesn't work as advertised, but I expect that the only workaround is to switch to an Android phone. Apple will never make it easy for third parties to work with their devices, particularly now that they have competing smartwatches of their own to sell, no matter if you go for a €300 or a €3000 solution. I expect that while the smartwatches gain on features, the gap of lack of functionality between Watch OS and Wear OS tethered to iOS will only grow bigger.

7. vicsalt

vicsalt Mar 25, 2018

You are 100% correct, however we all buy the TAG, it doesn’t state any compatibility issues with IOS, TAG doesn’t, Car just another watch sold, That’s my disappointment. Yes we all read the The experiences of others, but as there is no issues highlighted by TAG we convince ourselfs everything’s good and buy one. I believe TAG could do more than they are doing in respect of compatibility with IOS, the app is significantly different between the to operating systems to start. IOS users will continue to experience frustration, time and time again. It’s simply disappointing. I have a company mobile, I’m not prepared to carry a 2nd Android mobile around with me just so my Connected watch works correctly. I am certain if TAG advertised “some iOS compatability issues” I wouldn’t have spent the money. However they don’t and we assume it’s a user issue because we want it to all be good, no obstacles to stop us buying.

I hate saying this but I wanted a mechanical TAG for over 35years, I went connected as I was a Apple Watch user and simply wanted to use my luxury priced TAG every day, I need the notifications due to the environment I work in. I couldn’t justify the mechanical option as it would only get used maybe once a week at best. However I’m now slowly starting to regret that decision.

8. Feanor

Feanor Mar 25, 2018

I understand. However I believe that the blame lies with Apple, not with Google or TAG Heuer. There is a distinguishing between limited functionality and bugs. Both Tag Heuer and Google state clearly that with iOS you get less functionality.
    On the other hand bugs, like connectivity issues, come and go all the time and companies have no legal obligation to warn users about their eventuality. It is only to the interest of Google and TAG Heuer to resolve these issues, but not to the interest of Apple. So even if the first two companies try to resolve the issues, problems will remain, if Apple doesn't do their part. It is actually widely known that a past Apple iOS update recently (I don't remember which) broke Bluetooth connectivity with Android Wear completely and it took a vocal complaint from Google's side to motivate Apple to fix this.

vicsalt likes this.
  9. Good Times

Good Times Mar 25, 2018

I think it depends on your expectations of the functionality. Agree they should say it's more limited with iOS, but in my instance, all I want from my Connected 45 is notifications, and I enjoy the ability to change faces. I don't use any other apps. So for me, there is zero compatibility issues as it pairs with my iPhone and gives me 100% of the notifications. I can answer a call with my earbuds in and my phone in another room. I can change the bands quickly and easily, and it looks a million dollars next to any other smart watch.

For me it's all good. For others I can empathise, but it certainly has its place for Apple users.

kwilcox and DestructoDad like this.
  10. kwilcox

kwilcox Mar 26, 2018

Concur completely. I use my CM41 the same exact way. Sure I wish spotify and google maps worked like they do with android but apple just won't ever permit 3rd party apps to talk to each other on their platform. The biggest thing I like: atomic time accuracy. I've been crazy about this all my life and my CM41 is quite literally the most accurate watch I've ever owned. Everything else is a bonus. Interestingly, I also don't have the same disconnect frequency for some reason. I've had maybe 5 since I bought this watch, all easily resolved. There is no other smartwatch like my CM41. Its a real head turner and an ambassador for the brand IMO. I've never had more compliments from the technical people I deal with. I think they have a whole new impression of Tag Heuer now.

Edited Mar 26, 2018