Forums Latest Members

Connected E4 Golf Edition fails on system update

1. Scott Slade

Scott Slade Aug 29, 2022

Question about the Connected Golf Edition, I just got one but I can't seem to install a system update on it. It works just fine without the update but it tries to do the update when it's on the charger, it definitely downloads the update(so I know bluetooth and wifi are working) but crashes every time it tries to install the update. I've tried a factory reset this morning but it still crashes when trying to do the update. Anyone else with this watch have this issue? Also anyone have a link to see what the latest software versions are? I can't seem to find that information.

IMG_5567.jpeg IMG_5566.jpeg
  2. TimO

TimO Aug 29, 2022

I have the E4 Golf Edition and mine updated several days ago without issue.

Click the crown go to settings, go to system, and then about.

My Android version is 9
    My Wear OS is 2.38

3. Scott Slade

Scott Slade Aug 29, 2022

Thanks, I see that My Wear OS is 2.38 I don't see a particular Android Version, I just see that it says Android Security Patch level: December 1, 2021 - This makes me think I need an update but I'm not sure as this is the only Android device that I own.

4. TimO

TimO Aug 29, 2022

Just checked and my Android security update is May 1, 2022.

5. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Aug 30, 2022

Is your Golf Edition E3 or E4?

6. TimO

TimO Aug 30, 2022

image.jpg Mine is an E4.

7. Scott Slade

Scott Slade Aug 30, 2022

Mine is an E4 as well, TH sent me some hard reset instructions that were pretty robust. I then reset up the watch and tried the update again, it still fails on system updates. At that point I called customer service and was told if I did all of that and it is still failing to update that I would need to send the watch in for repair. Since I just got the watch on Thursday, I find it ridiculous to think I should have to send it in for repair, so I boxed it and just shipped it back for return. I'll stick with my Garmin.

8. TimO

TimO Aug 30, 2022

I’m sorry that you have had problems and hope that you enjoy the Garmin.

9. Scott Slade

Scott Slade Aug 30, 2022

Well, it's not a luxury watch but it works great on the golf course and I can play 3 rounds on one charge. I meant to post the steps for a hard reset that TH sent to me so I'll post them here in case anyone needs these down the road:

1. Hold the crown and bottom pusher for about 10 seconds (options to power off or restart will appear, keep holding until these disappear)
    2. Press the top pusher 3 times until you see “Recovery mode”. Press the crown to select.
    3. When you see an exclamation point in a red circle hold the crown and swipe up
    4. On the recovery menu swipe down 5 times until you’ve selected “Wipe cache partition”
    5. Select “Yes” and confirm your selection
    6. On the recovery menu swipe down 4 times until you’ve selected “Wipe data/factory reset”
    7. Select “Yes” and confirm your selection
    8. Select “Reboot” to restart your watch
    9. Your watch should reboot to pairing mode and you will have to re-pair to your phone

Albert-AMG and Anthony.R like this.
  10. Andy kim

Andy kim Sep 1, 2022

is there any scratch issue for titanium version?

11. TimO

TimO Sep 1, 2022

I’ve had mine for over 4 months, wear it every day, have played 36 rounds of golf with it, and there have been no issues whatsoever.

12. Andy kim

Andy kim Sep 1, 2022

thanks.. i am thinking to purchase between titanium version vs regular stainless version......

13. TimO

TimO Sep 1, 2022

I’m very happy with my titanium golf edition E4 and as I said above, it has become the watch I wear every day.

14. Rob Willison

Rob Willison Sep 7, 2022

If it helps anyone deciding between titanium version vs stainless:
    I have the titanium golf edition E4 as well. It's my everyday watch, absolutely love the design aesthetic, feel, and battery.
    Recently had a pretty nasty bike accident and while I had a few scrapes, the watch wasn't damaged at all. I put on a screen protector and that got completely cracked, but to my amazement the watch was fine, no scratches on the bezel, and no scratches or cracks on the screen once I removed the protector.

Anthony.R and Akineton like this.
  15. Alex Ramage

Alex Ramage Mar 1, 2023

Hi Rob. Would you mind letting me know what screen protector you were using?