Forums Latest Members

Connected E2 Modular 41 won’t work when off charge

1. Robin A

Robin A May 25, 2022

Hello
    I have a 40mm connected. It charges and works fine when connected to the charger but when I take it off the charger it appears to switch off, disconnects from the app and just has a black screen. It won’t turn on again until it is re connected to the charger.
    Any help gratefully received.
    thanks
    Robin

image.jpg
  2. neowatch

neowatch May 25, 2022

Battery not holding charge. Unlike the connected modular 45, I have never found a new battery for this watch.
    Have you not used it for a long time ?

3. Robin A

Robin A May 25, 2022

Many thanks. It is second hand so may not have been used for a long time. However when I connect it to the charger it says it is 100 per cent charged so I am not sure it is a battery issue. Could battery?

image.jpg
  4. neowatch

neowatch May 25, 2022

Batteries can behave like that when faulty. I’ve seen it before myself. I can’t say 100 percent I’m right but most probably. When you first had the watch did it charge up from zero or has it never worked ?

5. Robin A

Robin A May 25, 2022

It’s never worked unfortunately.

So it is not possible to change a battery or get it repaired?

6. neowatch

neowatch May 25, 2022

Can you send it back ? Was it from eBay ? With these smart watches you cannot let them become fully empty of charge, max six months and the battery is useless. The batteries for the bigger version is readily available and can be changed with some dismantling. However I have never seen or know what battery is in the 41mm version. I will ask around for you.

7. Robin A

Robin A May 26, 2022

thank you

8. neowatch

neowatch May 31, 2022

Sorry, I have found nothing on where the batteries can be found. Sometimes just the watch head comes up for sale on eBay for a couple of hundred pounds. You can also try and find the mechanical head 41mm cal5 to fit the lugs/strap so that you can use it still. This is basically what I’ve done, so I can carry on using the straps etc long after the electronic head is gone. If you cannot send it back then there is no harm in trying to open in and see what you can do.

Akineton and Albert-AMG like this.
  9. Robin A

Robin A May 31, 2022

Thanks very much - people like you make this thread so helpful for the amateurs like me!

10. neowatch

neowatch May 31, 2022

Many thanks. Good luck in what you decide. There are not loads of 41mm watches around. Made in relatively small numbers.

11. nick911

nick911 Jul 31, 2022

Hi,
    Did you find a solotion to your problem, my 41 is doing exactly the same thing?
    cheers
    nick

12. Robin A

Robin A Jul 31, 2022

No luck yet. I want to take it to a Tag shop but haven’t had a chance. If you do get a solution in the meantime I’d be grateful if you could post it here.
    It’s so frustrating…

13. Akineton

Akineton Aug 1, 2022

I recently bought a module-only E2 41 from eBay. I suggest you save a search and enable notifications. You will get across one in a few weeks.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  14. Shabeer

Shabeer Feb 14, 2023

hi guys - i see the battery works - the listing is correct - i just got my battery and it works 100% and fits

Albert-AMG likes this.
  15. Shabeer

Shabeer Feb 14, 2023

battery pics IMG_E4295.JPG IMG_E4296.JPG

Albert-AMG likes this.
  16. Shabeer

Shabeer Feb 14, 2023

17. Shabeer

Shabeer Feb 14, 2023

mine is tag heuer connected E2 modular 41 - i just need a screen - i thinks its screen burn and wont come on - the watch does u can feel it vibrate when off and on - but no movement on screen nothing

18. neowatch

neowatch Feb 16, 2023

19. Shabeer

Shabeer Feb 16, 2023

hi - i have the modular 41mm and it works perfect , try it

neowatch likes this.
  20. neowatch

neowatch Feb 16, 2023

Wow ok I never knew the 45 mm battery works in the 41mm that’s a big relief. I always thought is was too big in size to even fit