Forums Latest Members

Connected Custom Watchfaces / Which Watch Face are Wearing Today?

1. tvdinner

tvdinner Apr 25, 2017

there are really only a few faces in the paid watchmaker app for iphone and my tag connected. need the direct links to add.. any help would be greatly appreciated

2. vdeknock

vdeknock Apr 26, 2017

Yes I am asking about the watchmaker app. I have the premium version on the iPhone (via an in app purchase). How do I get the premium version on the TAG watch, I just have the version thats on the play store. I looked at the premium version on the play store is for an android phone which I don't own. I have got a few faces to the watch, it just trial and error to get them to upload with wifi. To ensure the wifi stays active longer the trick is to have it on the charger and then use the settings/connection to ensure that its active and connected. I looked at the watchmaker wiki and it only talks about the need to buy the premium version on the iPhone?

I still find it a bit hit and miss, but now have two faces available. Its also a pain that so much information is not moved or made available via the app on the iPhone for android wear. Hopefully they will slowly open up the data that is allowed to be provided.

3. tvdinner

tvdinner Apr 26, 2017

I finally got it to work.

1) buy premium watchmaker app in the APPLE STORE, not android play store.
    2) then go to the google groups referenced in this thread and use the URLs to direct download the faces you want through the app.
    3) it takes forever for some of the dials to transfer. Make sure your watch and phone stay connected and stay patient.

Hubert likes this.
  4. vdeknock

vdeknock Apr 26, 2017

I have managed to get new dials to transfer, but its a bit hit and miss. I have the premium version on my iPhone. I have emailed the developer and he is about to issue a new iPhone version to address a few issues, one is the ability to buy within the app new faces and he is also working on the transfer issue. I got a very quick response and he is aware and working to continue to develop the product. If you are an iPhone user supporting a developer with a product that adds flexibility is a plus in my books given we are all hear discussing a smart watch. Now if only TAG would accelerate the support for the iPhone as well.

The version on the watch is also not a premium version of the app, its will always be free and will work with both the android and iPhone app.

tvdinner likes this.
  5. tvdinner

tvdinner Apr 26, 2017

I have an iPhone also and was able to add many many custom dials last night. Same issues as you as some transfers took a very long time. I believe I paid the 3.99 for the premium app and was on sure if I actually got the premium app because it looked the same as the free one. Wonder if they will do refunds?

6. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 26, 2017

To make it simple, I have updated the 1st post on the 1st page of this thread with the info for iOS users.

tvdinner likes this.
  7. icwhatudidthere

icwhatudidthere Apr 26, 2017

These faux faces do look great but after using the Heuer 01 face from Tag, I've kinda started feeling that I don't want a digital version of a mechanical watch. Basically, I don't have a Heuer 01, so why am I trying to trick people into thinking I do? Is that any different from walking around with a Bolex counterfeit?

Instead, I want a watch face that embraces the fact that it's digital. I would love to see Tag recognize this and design something iconic that also embraces the fact that it's a digital watch.

In any case, not a critique of the thread. Just putting the idea out there...

8. Iñaki

Iñaki Apr 26, 2017

A question: ¿it´s possible to install the watchfaces of the OG Connected? I prefer The interactive watchface of the 46 (Themed)

9. nicolas007

nicolas007 Apr 26, 2017

I cannot agree more! Tag did a really good job with the timer app and it would be great so see them apply the same design principles to the watch face. I personally hate all the watch face replicas, makes the watch look cheesy and hinders the capabilities of the watch.

10. vdeknock

vdeknock Apr 28, 2017

More feedback from an iPhone user.
    I am having a lot more success in getting watches faces onto the watch. I do the following incase this helps others
    Connect the watch to the charger, this will activate the wifi which must be setup
    Pick a watch to send
    Use the method to pick a new face on the watch and turn on the cloud sync function, this should push you to the face view
    On your iPhone hit send to watch and make sure the six digit codes are the same (the phone will remember after your first setup - the watch will give you your code)
    You should then see a LOADING screen on the watch with a blue circle on the outside
    Wait, using the inbuilt faces I have had more luck, some of the custom faces are large files and can take a few goes to get it working.

To update the weather information, go into setting on the phone and set up the data, then go to setting/other and hit transfer to phone at the top of the screen menu. I don't know if this continues to update or overtime you have to press transfer to phone to get new information.

Webmonkey likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 28, 2017

I added your additional details to the 1st page.

12. vdeknock

vdeknock Apr 29, 2017

I new tip for the day which might seem very obvious but I only worked it out when I put the watchmaker app onto my iPad to look at how people design watch faces. Using the same system to transfer watch faces to the watch you can use to get from one device to another. Instead of downloading using a URL, send the watch face to your six digit code and then on the new device type in the same code in the download menu and the watch face is now on the new device.

I am guessing you can use this to share "hard to locate files with other people".

Also a new version has been released for the iPhone and the app on my watch was also updated yesterday.

13. Rvido

Rvido May 7, 2017

Hello,

where can I download them?

regards

14. AndyHoll123

AndyHoll123 May 12, 2017

Hi, is there a list of the best watch faces for the dim mode please? This is what we will be looking at 99% of the time so keen to see what the best dim mode watch faces look like? The best one ive seen up to now is the GMT Master Oyster Perpetual.

Also do you know if you can customise the Tag dim mode watch faces in the watch maker app? Thanks

15. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 12, 2017

You will need to search and try them.
    You cannot customize the "dim mode" of the "official" watchfaces. You can only "customize" the "active" versions by creating variants using TAG Heuer Studio.

16. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 12, 2017

Please read the 1st post.

17. scaff

scaff May 19, 2017

loving the work fellas.

im new to this but cant wait to get going

scaff

18. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 19, 2017

19. JK12

JK12 May 23, 2017

Anyone having issues with android pay taking forever to load? I even factory reset my watch, but it eventually slows (up to 10s).

20. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 26, 2017

Watchmaker is undergoing a major update. Details on their blog: http://watchmaker.haz.wiki/update_watch_app