Forums Latest Members
  1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 11, 2015

Hello everyone,
    I don't know if anyone can help me with some technical knowledge here.
    I recently bought a 2000 Series WK1110.
    It's a lovely watch, except the clasp is irritating my wrist. The edges of the safety clasp are lower than the rest of the clasp so the watch is basically sitting on those edges. There's not a lot of photos of clasps on the net, but the one's I've seen look the same.
    It seems there are a few options open to me..

Sell the watch and buy something else - don't really want to do this. This watch was bought fairly 'cheaply' (£300) as something I could wear everyday, not convinced I'm going to get something else as nice for what I paid.

Pad the strap - maybe put a piece of rubber behind the clasp to flatten out where the edges are

Grind the edges off - definitely not keen on this idea.

Change the clasp : ideally for another TAG clasp. - Does anyone know what sort of other TAG clasp might fit? The links at the strap end are 17mm wide.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

2. elbeik

elbeik Aug 11, 2015

Go nato / zulu / G10

Calibre11 likes this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 12, 2015

Hi elbeik
    Really not keen on the NATO straps. And to be honest, having worn it for a couple of days I'm noticing it less and less. I think it's probably because I haven't worn a bracelet full time for a good few years, my last watch had a silicon strap. I think the TAG is slowly pulling all the hairs out and after a week it will probably be fine!

4. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2015

Just as another suggestion, it'd look cool on something a bit mad like orange Isofrane, their rubber straps are absolutely amazing and have that 1970s era diver look with terrific comfort

Calibre11 likes this.
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Aug 13, 2015

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I've had a look at those and they are pretty crazy looking. I'd like a rubber TAG strap, but they seem to be £100 without the buckle. Which seems an awful lot for a strap.

6. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 15, 2015

Another vote for the Isofrane

7. michaelo

michaelo Sep 27, 2015

8. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 27, 2015

In the end I bought the proper TAG rubber strap which was ridiculously expensive (£!40) but looks great. I wasn't so impressed with Go!dsmiths however, who ordered the wrong strap initially and then fitted it, covered in white resin and gave it to me looking like absolute garbage!