Forums Latest Members
  1. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 15, 2022

One for the more knowledgably than me and also possibly doubting a sales advisor.

Very much keen on the grey man Carrera, and was enquiring with a local AD on additional straps, as I'm not keen on the black croc & whilst the bracelet is nice, options are a must, now being a stickler for OEM I spoke with the SA who advised 20.5mm is the lug width. (Is this correct?).

https://www.tagheuer.com/gb/en/time...39-mm-calibre-5-automatic/WBN2111.FC6505.html

[​IMG]

Secondly I was interested in this grey strap from this now discontinued Carrera https://www.tagheuer.com/gb/en/time...39-mm-calibre-5-automatic/WAR211C.FC6336.html however SA mentioned this is 19mm. (Again is this correct?)

[​IMG]

Guess if they don't anyone know an OEM grey strap that does fit, or who makes the OEM straps to contact?

2. RushDom

RushDom Nov 15, 2022

The new one is indeed 20.5mm, but in reality 20mm will fit fine. The extra width is imperceptible in most cases (most straps will compress enough to fit).

McBeardy likes this.
  3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Nov 15, 2022

I would go 21mm and squeeze that bad boy in there. Really dislike when there is a small gap left, looks cheap in my opinion.

These half mm lug widths are truly annoying

4. McBeardy

McBeardy Nov 15, 2022

Thanks both, then hunt will continue, I like the research before any potential purchase, dont suppose anyone knows the OEM supplier (much like Jean Rossuea is for Omega) or of the Grand Carrera 20mm strap fits?

5. abrod520

abrod520 Nov 15, 2022

We don't know but speculation is their straps are in-house from another LVMH unit.

Any 20mm strap will fit between the lugs, unless the Grand Carrera strap is also designed to mold to the case

McBeardy likes this.
  6. RushDom

RushDom Nov 15, 2022

I’m resisting the urge to make any dirty jokes here