Carrera sport heuer 02 movement

I’m new to Calibe 11 but I’ve enjoyed being on the outside looking in so to speak.
TAG user since 2005. Currently have an Auagraph, Carrera 1887, Monza and a new Carrera Heuer 02 Chronograph which is a replacement for an 18 month Heuer 01 that spent probably 7 months back with TAG as it was laden with problems! Having got the new Heuer 02 I must say it must be the most unrefined movement I’ve ever had from tag. The slightest movement of the wrist and the rotor or pendulum spins and spins and spins anything up to 15 to 20 seconds. Also quite noisy. People have commented on this. Sorry for wittering on but I just wanted your views on this or if someone else is having same problem?

Not owned a Heuer02 watch personally, but I have heard mutterings from some that it's a noisy movement. But it's not only this movement, my Calibre 18 is also noisy. I have a theory that sapphire caseback watches amplify the noise somehow but it's obviously an untested theory.

EDIT: Noisy or not, the watch looks great by the way!

Yes we've had owners on the forum complaining as well about the same thing. I consider my H01 to be noisy, is your H02 a lot louder than the 01?

Also, could you ellaborate on the problems with your H01? Love learning about these movements and how they hold up out in the wild

Every now and then at the right angle, my 160 will spin for a bit but it isn't all that bad. You may want to take it back in to your AD and ask them for their opinion.

Yes we've had owners on the forum complaining as well about the same thing. I consider my H01 to be noisy, is your H02 a lot louder than the 01?

Also, could you ellaborate on the problems with your H01? Love learning about these movements and how they hold up out in the wild

A lot noisier actually to the point that I’m not enjoying wearing it and that’s after a month!

the Heuer 01!!! It was only 8 months old, went on usual holiday to Turkey and it ended full of condensation for the two weeks!!! What pissed me off more was the guy and his wife by the pool beside me had fakes and all without problems!!
Eventually got it back and was given usual excuses about change in temperature. So I guess the CEO of TAG doesn’t ware his on holiday in case his steams up! I’ve worn TAGs on holiday to hot countries for last 15 years without any issues.

Next problem was that it just stopped. Went away again to TAG then said it was due to being Magnatized, despite watch not near any sources, got it back after TAG workshop dismantling it and servicing. On my wrist 2 days and it would just stop, and go again then stop.

had enough and TAG offered a replacement so I paid the extra for this HEUER 02.... now I wish I hadnt

Seeing as it'll be under warranty still, I would either take it to an AD and ask to compare to another watch, or if that's not convenient, send it back in to TAG service and ask them to comment on the noise.

For me the sound and feel of the rotor is nothing but cool. :cool:
I really like to be reminded of the watch on my wrist and the mechanics inside.

For me the sound and feel of the rotor is nothing but cool. :cool:
I really like to be reminded of the watch on my wrist and the mechanics inside.
I guess it depends on the sound and how it moves, but I think a noisy mechanism can make a watch feel cheap.

I guess it depends on the sound and how it moves, but I think a noisy mechanism can make a watch feel cheap.

I agree... movement feels like a poor TAG imitation of An early Chinese fake!

Odd, I don’t find my Calibre Heuer02 watches noisy.. ::confused2:: Yes, at times you can “feel” the rotor swirling in your wrist, but not really noisy.

Anyway, the Calibre Heuer01 is a great movement! Way better than the Calibre16 in my book, for the same 12/9/6 layout. You have the Carrera Calibre 1887 anyway so that’s a great choice sir ;)

Odd, I don’t find my Calibre Heuer02 watches noisy.. ::confused2:: Yes, at times you can “feel” the rotor swirling in your wrist, but not really noisy.

Anyway, the Calibre Heuer01 is a great movement! Way better than the Calibre16 in my book, for the same 12/9/6 layout. You have the Carrera Calibre 1887 anyway so that’s a great choice sir ;)
The Heuer01 is basically the same movement as the 1887, just with a few components tweaked.

The Heuer01 is basically the same movement as the 1887, just with a few components tweaked.

Yes sir :thumbsup: I meant he already has a Carrera Calibre 1887 if he is missing his Heuer01 but it’s probably the design he is missing more :)

I feel like i am the only one in this world that likes noisy rotor...(For me it's like living machine on the wrist).

I usually judged a movement by:

-accuracy of +/- second per day
-the crown action (whether it's smooth or not)
-power reserve (whether the rotor is responsive enough to power the movement incrementally because i am mostly on my computer)

But yeah, turned out lots of people don't like noisy rotor though.

I like it because my first serious watch was a ETA based Breitling Navitimer and man oh man, that watch can really spin and "pulsating" on your wrist !

My first proper Swiss watch was a TAG Heuer Aquaracer 1st Generation Calibre16 way back early 2010. I didn’t know anything about mechanical movements back then and it’s winding rotor was so special to me! And I really didn’t mind the “noise”. All I know is that I have a great and amazing TAG Heuer. Up to now, it still holds a special place in my heart ::love::

My first proper Swiss watch was a TAG Heuer Aquaracer 1st Generation Calibre16 way back early 2010. I didn’t know anything about mechanical movements back then and it’s winding rotor was so special to me! And I really didn’t mind the “noise”. All I know is that I have a great and amazing TAG Heuer. Up to now, it still holds a special place in my heart ::love::
If i remember correctly even the current Calibre 16 Aquaracer still "noisy" until now !

I really want one ! but with all the pandemic etc, i need to be wiser in spending my budget :thumbsdown:

Hopefully they wont discontinue Calibre16 Aquaracer.

The Calibre 16 / Valjoux-ETA 7750 is such a ubiquitous movement for TAG Heuer (& other watchmakers) that the Carrera, Aquaracer, Formula 1 and even the Link uses this movement. I have to attest this is still a great and reliable movement based on my experience. My Aquaracer has never failed me! :thumbsup:

You can still get bargain Aquaracers Calibre 16 up to now sir @OttoWilliam ;) I don’t think the Calibre 16 will be phased out. It still survives up to now given the Calibre1887/H01 is already gone from production.. :(

I feel like i am the only one in this world that likes noisy rotor...(For me it's like living machine on the wrist).

I usually judged a movement by:

-accuracy of +/- second per day
-the crown action (whether it's smooth or not)
-power reserve (whether the rotor is responsive enough to power the movement incrementally because i am mostly on my computer)

But yeah, turned out lots of people don't like noisy rotor though.

I like it because my first serious watch was a ETA based Breitling Navitimer and man oh man, that watch can really spin and "pulsating" on your wrist !

Add 'magnetism resistance' to that list.

As it happens, I wore my c16 aquaracer today, I've missed it

I have a theory that sapphire caseback watches amplify the noise somehow but it's obviously an untested theory.

My ML, that sports a 7753, has that noise and a solid case back.