Forums Latest Members

Carrera Panamericana vs Aquaracer 2022

1. hu31373137

hu31373137 Sep 12, 2022

Which one would you choose? The Carrera Panamericana is from 2015
    upload_2022-9-12_16-44-27.jpeg
    Just wondering about the quality, and its functionality 7 years later. Sounds like buying a new 2022 would be the better decision. Also haven't found much about this on the forum. Any reason why?

2. kappa_md

kappa_md Sep 12, 2022

The TAG Heuer Carrera Panamericana is a special edition watch which was released in commemoration of the legendary race where Jack Heuer got the name “Carrera” It’s a 43mm quartz powered watch and to me is a good looking watch albeit a bit busy for a Carrera. This watch tries to present the more classic chronograph 3-6-9 subdial layout.

Heritage Carrera’s are known more for their clean designs and manual movement. If you are linked or you feel a connection to the event then this watch might tickle you and ignite your history and motorsport passion. This event has inspired a lot of modern / contemporary things like the:
    Porsche 911 Carrera
    TAG Heuer / Heuer Carrera
    Porsche Panamera (shortened Panamericana)
    Mercedes-AMG Panamericana grill design

I think there is nothing wrong with this watch if it truly speaks to you. On the other hand, Aquaracer 2022 has a different feel, purpose and market. Alot has already been said about it here in THF. HTH :thumbsup:

Albert-AMG, VirgileF and hu31373137 like this.
  3. hu31373137

hu31373137 Sep 12, 2022

I'm new to the forum, and watches, so I dont know what HTH is but I appreciate that reply. I think I'm sticking with the Aquaracer. Just found it interesting that this was a Quartz. Also looks really good, even though it does feel like a copy of other watches with that Daytona style, which Im sure Rolex took from another watches design. Lol. I haven't seen the Carrera in person but the Aquaracer shape is beautiful and because of it, more unique. This seems a little generic, design wise. Still good looking though.

4. kappa_md

kappa_md Sep 12, 2022

HTH means “Hope This Helps” :thumbsup:

Go! Follow your heart’s desire ::love::

hu31373137 likes this.