Forums Latest Members
  1. DanlAtl

DanlAtl Aug 5, 2015

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and just recently became interested in vintage tag heuer... and now in love with all of them!. I just recently purchased my first one... Carrera 1553S. I have a very elementary question... how do I set the calendar/date. I know it's usually pulling the winder out a couple of stops but after the first pull for time change, it doesn't seem to want to pull again and I don't want to damage it. Thanks for any help.

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Aug 6, 2015

Hi Dan,

Congrats on the purchase. Calibre 15 does not have a quick-set function for the date, so yes, please don't try and pull it out any further! There is a way to do a "semi" quick-set.

Wind the clockwise hands through to 12 until the date changes once, then rewind anti-clockwise back to approx. 10 and then forward past 12, then back to 10, etc until you have the date right.

3. DanlAtl

DanlAtl Aug 6, 2015

Thanks so much. I was able to actually find a 1972 catalog/instructions that said exactly what you did... Thanks! Here's the link..they have some great information..
    [​IMG]

http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Ins..._Automatic_Chronographs/?show=1972AutoP07.jpg