Forums Latest Members
  1. drunken monkey

drunken monkey Mar 27, 2015

Saw this recently and it's a nice update to the ladies model, taking the longer marker cues as seen on the glassbox 5, as well as more shaped hands as opposed to the tradition Carrera stick hands.
    Of special interest is the use of the Calibre 9 and the further note on the TAGHeuer page that it is the Selitta SW1000 movement.

While it looks like an ETA with the duck-eating-a-nut regulator, it is apparently not based on an existing ETA movement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'll also note the old logo though, which is unsurprising as most of the watches released so far were signed-off pre-Biver.

I guess the new logo will come when they re-furb their boutiques later.

2. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 1, 2015

Hard to find much info on the SW1000, other than articles written 7-8 years ago. Good on Sellita for designing their own movement, if that is what they have done. I'd assume that they would only bother designing their own movement if there wasn't an ETA equivalent that was old enough to have come out of patent protection...but the current TAG Heuer Calibre 4 is an ETA 2671, which was introduced by ETA in 1971..before the 7750. So not sure why they'd go clean-sheet.

3. drunken monkey

drunken monkey Apr 1, 2015

I'm tempted to say that by design, they really mean they took some standard details (in architecture speak) and put them together to suit a specification.

That was kind of where I was leading when i pointed out the use of that very distinctive regulating lever.

On a related, I really wish that three hand movement got signed off before the strategy change took over...

4. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Apr 2, 2015

Ah, yes...that would have been a nice bonus.

Found a bit more info on the SW1000- this quote from Sellita's CEO:

"Regardless, several movement manufacturers are joining the fray, beginning with Sellita: “This year [2014] we developed a ladies’ calibre, the SW1000. It is an automatic 9-ligne calibre, a manufacture movement that is not based on an ETA calibre,” explained CEO Miguel Garcia.