Calibre 02 GMT - independent hour hand or GMT hand?

I tried searching and couldn't find an answer to this on this forum or in online reviews: does anyone know whether the new Heuer Calibre 02 GMT movement (from the 45 mm Carrera GMT chronograph, https://www.calibre11.com/review-tag-heuer-carrera-02-gmt-chronograph/) has an independently adjustable local hour hand or an independently adjustable 24-hour hand? In other words, is it more like a Rolex GMT Master II or more like an ETA 2893?

Watchbase suggests it may be the 24-hour hand, like the ETA movement (https://watchbase.com/tag-heuer/caliber/calibre-heuer-02-gmt), but I saw on another forum that this movement was described as a "true" GMT that has an adjustable local hour hand.

Also, bonus points if anyone knows the thickness of the movement with the added GMT complication vs. without it. It looks like the Carrera GMT chronograph is quite a beast of a watch at 45 mm and images of it make it look quite thick in the case.

Thanks all!

Fun fact: The bezel doesn't rotate. So its functionality is fairly limited regardless of its setting

Fun fact: The bezel doesn't rotate. So its functionality is fairly limited regardless of its setting
Yes, the lack of rotation is the obvious reason why they stamped the bezel with tachymeter markings.

Yes, the lack of rotation is the obvious reason why they stamped the bezel with tachymeter markings.

OP was asking about the GMT though

TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Heuer-02-GMT-Chronograph-review-5.jpg

TAG really should do a new Autavia GMT with this movement IMO

Yes, I got carried away by looking at the video's still image.

Thanks, yes, this is the watch I meant. I completely agree with you that an Autavia GMT like the 2446C GMT would be an incredibly successful vintage-inspired release.

Thank you to @Hubert for sharing the video as well, which answered the question. It's the local hour hand that adjusts. Very impressive movement!

Yeah, it is. Deserves a better watch around it!

Totally agreed. The movement clearly can fit in a 39 mm case (the recent Carreras prove that). So I'd really want to see it in a reasonably sized Autavia GMT re-edition that's either 40 mm like the original 2446C or even up to 42 mm like the new Autavias.

Totally agreed. The movement clearly can fit in a 39 mm case (the recent Carreras prove that). So I'd really want to see it in a reasonably sized Autavia GMT re-edition that's either 40 mm like the original 2446C or even up to 42 mm like the new Autavias.
I purchased the GMT on the steel bracelet, but I prefer it on the rubber strap, as it is far more manageable.
upload_2020-4-16_15-51-0.png

That said, I would love if this Autavia could be reissued and this moment would be used. Picture from @heuerworld
upload_2020-4-16_15-36-56.png

I purchased the GMT on the steel bracelet, but I prefer it on the rubber strap, as it is far more manageable.

That said, I would love if this Autavia could be reissued and this moment would be used. Picture from @heuerworld
upload_2020-4-16_15-36-56.png

That's exactly the one I had in mind. I'd slightly prefer a 40mm case to the 2017-era 42mm one, but honestly either would be fine. And that watch would sell like crazy. I suspect it must already be in the pipeline. While the current situation may have disrupted plans, is it too much to hope that we see it debut in 2021 or 2022?

WOW! This is a very impressive collection? :cool: Are the Monacos in a different collection :thumbsup:

I'd be happy with the current Autavia case even. That GMT movement and a Pepsi bezel would sell like mad - and I'll bet there's not even the slightest consideration for it at TAG, even now with Bianchi making some good moves

WOW! This is a very impressive collection? :cool: Are the Monacos in a different collection :thumbsup:
Thanks! Yes, they are currently in storage on a different case. Here's an old photo; before adding the 90s & 2000s editions.
upload_2020-4-17_18-38-54.png

That's exactly the one I had in mind. I'd slightly prefer a 40mm case to the 2017-era 42mm one, but honestly either would be fine. And that watch would sell like crazy. I suspect it must already be in the pipeline. While the current situation may have disrupted plans, is it too much to hope that we see it debut in 2021 or 2022?
I'd be happy with the current Autavia case even. That GMT movement and a Pepsi bezel would sell like mad - and I'll bet there's not even the slightest consideration for it at TAG, even now with Bianchi making some good moves
After the new management took over, I don't know if we're going to have anymore vintage Autavias. But if they do, the GMT would sell very well.

Thanks! Yes, they are currently in storage on a different case. Here's an old photo; before adding the 90s & 2000s editions.
upload_2020-4-17_18-38-54.png
:eek::eek::eek:
::psy::::psy::::psy::

It’s super great to see them together ::love::

Thanks sir @Hubert simply awesome!

I agree, don’t see it happening. Only the new Autavia concept will likely get the GMT. Lots of buzz around the Autavia Cup but when the watch was introduced a large chunk of the vintage Heuer community turned against it as it wasn’t a perfect re-edition. It has its flaws but vintage Heuer guys can be real dicks. Essentially all resellers I’ve spoken about it say it’s a hard sell. Outside of the watch community Autavia just isn’t a name like the Carrera. Tag Heuer might hope to change that with the new Autavia Isograph delete collection but I have my doubts. Did anyone of the regular forum members get one by now? A good friend bought a Tudor BB GMT from an AD for less than 4k. No brainer.

all resellers I’ve spoken about it say it’s a hard sell

It's a hard sell near MSRP, but they present a good enough value prop below $3500 which is where I see them sell quickest.

I agree, don’t see it happening. Only the new Autavia concept will likely get the GMT. Lots of buzz around the Autavia Cup but when the watch was introduced a large chunk of the vintage Heuer community turned against it as it wasn’t a perfect re-edition. It has its flaws but vintage Heuer guys can be real dicks. Essentially all resellers I’ve spoken about it say it’s a hard sell. Outside of the watch community Autavia just isn’t a name like the Carrera. Tag Heuer might hope to change that with the new Autavia Isograph delete collection but I have my doubts. Did anyone of the regular forum members get one by now? A good friend bought a Tudor BB GMT from an AD for less than 4k. No brainer.

I'm more hopeful than that. The 160th Anniversary Carrera announced earlier this year shows that they're still going to release "Heuer" branded watches to play to the vintage or vintage-adjacent community that enjoys heritage-inspired pieces.

It's also pretty easy money for them, all things considered. They already have a movement. They already have a case and a dial. Pretty much all they need to do is design a bezel and pick the color for the GMT hand.

The dates even line up pretty nicely, the Autavia 2446 GMT was on the market between 1969 and the early 1970s (http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/2446c-and-2446c-gmt/). So they could do one in the next few years and call it a 50th anniversary of the release of some particular model of the watch.

I'm more hopeful than that. The 160th Anniversary Carrera announced earlier this year shows that they're still going to release "Heuer" branded watches to play to the vintage or vintage-adjacent community that enjoys heritage-inspired pieces.

It's also pretty easy money for them, all things considered. They already have a movement. They already have a case and a dial. Pretty much all they need to do is design a bezel and pick the color for the GMT hand.

The dates even line up pretty nicely, the Autavia 2446 GMT was on the market between 1969 and the early 1970s (http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/2446c-and-2446c-gmt/). So they could do one in the next few years and call it a 50th anniversary of the release of some particular model of the watch.
I fear that we won't see any more variants of the current Autavia Chronograph- the next Autavia Chronograph will be based on the Calibre 5 Aviation design...if we ever get to see it. The revised design was due this year, but I think delayed when the Isograph delays happened. Given COVID and knock-on delays, will that design ever come to market, or will it be revised?