Forums Latest Members
  1. maciekp

maciekp Aug 30, 2016

Hi everyone, I stumbled upon the Tag Heuer 2000 Series many years ago and I've finally come around to being serious about buying one. I have a very small wrist, so when I found the midsized 35-36mm models, I thought that they would be perfect.

I'd like to get some advice from the more knowledgable on the watch and and whether or not there is anything that I should be aware of, especially since this is my first "vintage" watch.

The model that I've been looking at is the WE1211-R. If I'm not mistaken, its a pre-95 model due to the domed centre links on the bracelet, the bezel with 6 edges rather than the more recent 12, and the lack of a 12 hour marker where the diamond is.

So, what are you're thoughts? Is it a safe buy? I've read that the quartz movement in these older Tag's were quite good and should work fine. Thanks!

upload_2016-8-30_19-17-59.png

upload_2016-8-30_19-18-26.png

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 1, 2016

Hello @maciekp Most people here will probably tell you that mechanical watches can theoretically last "forever", since the components can be serviced. Whether or not that is completely true in practice, depends as to whether or not the components are still available, in case they ever need replacement.

I am not an expert on servicing/refurbishing watches, but Quartz watches may have a more "finite" lifespan, since some electronic components may not be sourced after a few years they go out of production.

What I can tell you is that if I was interested in making a "vintage" purchase, I would opt for a mechanical piece instead. :)

In the end, it's all up to you. Good luck!