Forums Latest Members

Buying my first Tag Heuer - 1000 series

1. tyrantlizardrex

tyrantlizardrex Jan 19, 2015

Hi guys and girls,

After building a small collection of Vintage Omega watches, I've found myself looking for something exciting in the world of diving watches.

Seamasters have never done it for (nor am I prepared to pay the James Bond tax), and Rolex submariners are way way out of my league...but there's something special about the 1000 series - particularly the ones with luminous dials.

Any advice on what I should be looking for/price/anyone looking to sell? :D

Cheers

Chris

2. AussieAlex

AussieAlex Jan 20, 2015

I agree with your logic. My advise is to pay a little more and get the best condition possible as spare parts are difficult to obtain. TAG Heuer no longer carry spares. Hands and bezel inserts are the two items I pay close attention to when looking for one of these watches (I have 4 of them).
    Sold listings on eBay are always a good price guide.
    Good luck with your search.

Edited Jan 20, 2015
    tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 22, 2015

Hi Chris,

Yes, I'd also agree that the best strategy is to buy the best example you can afford rather than look for bargains. Luminous dial model is great, as are the later Blue and red dials models. Other than that, you can't go wrong with Black dial/ black bezel.

If the budget will stretch to an automatic, that's a good way to go, but you will have fewer dial choices with the auto