Bracelet Question

Hi,

I recently bought a Tag Heuer bracelet off eBay for my Carrera CV2010-4 (Fangio model).

Unfortunately despite being 20mm the end links do not fit. I now believe this bracelet is for the Grand Carrera.

Could anyone tell me if I can get end links for this bracelet so that it will fit my Carrera?

The bracelet clasp has model number FAA031. I can't see a model number on the bracelet itself but I think it may be BA0900. The end links are marked 3123.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi Tosh,

Best to visit your local TAG Heuer dealer. Later versions of this Carrera were available with the H-link Grand Carrera bracelet, so there will have been end links made for the Carrera/ H-Link bracelet combination...you just need them to tell you the part number.

Good luck!

Hi Tosh,

Best to visit your local TAG Heuer dealer. Later versions of this Carrera were available with the H-link Grand Carrera bracelet, so there will have been end links made for the Carrera/ H-Link bracelet combination...you just need them to tell you the part number.

Good luck!
Thanks for that. Gives me hope that it may be possible.
I have sent it in to my local tag dealer to ask the question.

Cheers

Nick

Just an update. Tag Heuer uk said it wasn't possible - they wouldn't say why it wasn't possible they were only interested in selling me a new Carrera bracelet and wanted to charge £20 just to put it on.
Got to say they were evasive and the most unhelpful bunch I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Surprising considering they are part of the same group as Omega and Longines - both of which I have found will bend over backwards to help.
So I am now selling the grand carrera bracelet (BA0900) while I look for one that will fit (BA0794)

Just an update. Tag Heuer uk said it wasn't possible - they wouldn't say why it wasn't possible they were only interested in selling me a new Carrera bracelet and wanted to charge £20 just to put it on.
Got to say they were evasive and the most unhelpful bunch I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Surprising considering they are part of the same group as Omega and Longines - both of which I have found will bend over backwards to help.
So I am now selling the grand carrera bracelet (BA0900) while I look for one that will fit (BA0794)
That doesn't sound helpful.

It is possible that they're right- for example, the position of the hole in the lugs may have been moved to accomodate the H-Link bracelet...but if that was the case, they could have told you that .

By the way, TAG Heuer is part of LVMH (Hublot, Zenith, Bulgari) rather than Swatch Group's Longines and Omega...not that this makes your experience any more justified.

Thanks for the correction. Always thought they were part of the swatch group for some reason.

That's what I thought - if there is a valid watchmakers reason then they should have said so. Their responses were very "corporate policy says no". A shame.