Forums Latest Members
  1. drunken monkey

drunken monkey Mar 16, 2015

I think a new logo makes sense.
    They are after all, nothing to do with TAG anymore so other than the name TAG(Heuer), there isn't much sense in maintaining the use of a logo that another active entity still currently uses.

I do agree that the proportions of the TAG are a bit off. Your edit does a better job.

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 16, 2015

Thank you!

For quite some time, I've also been thinking about the importance of emphasizing "Heuer" in the brand, as well and possibly deprecating "TAG". I think the big anchor is many people not knowing how to pronounce "Heuer".

In any case, certainly this new logo makes the "Heuer" emblem stand out more.

And In monochrome the proportions are not that bothersome.
    Black.png

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 16, 2015

I'm interested in seeing a high-res version- it looks like the shades of Green and Red might have changed, but that might just be an image quality issue

4. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 16, 2015

Yes, I noticed that as well. I keep thinking this was done to "balance" out the two brands, since TAG was more prominent in the old logo. The green "jumped" out and the "Heuer" type face was not clearly legible. The new logo certainly solves the legibility and color balance, but again the proportions are too dramatic, which makes it look distorted.

5. WillMK5

WillMK5 Mar 16, 2015

So you know what it is? Or just what it's not?

6. imagwai

imagwai Mar 17, 2015

Agree Hubert. The new one looks like it needs to go on a diet!

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Mar 17, 2015

The next Baselworld post should be live at 19h00 Australian time today at calibre11.com (i.e. Wednesday)/ 9am Geneva time...it's the big reveal of all six "Basel novelties" (there will be more than 6 new watches, but these are the ones up in lights)

8. dtf

dtf Mar 18, 2015

The phantom looks stunning, what material is it? Interesting that many of the others are 'look at this watch with the name of a famous person on it' - is this normal for Basel showpieces?

The David Guetta f1 looks nice on the nato strap, shame it's labled David Guetta.

mjg550 likes this.
  9. elbeik

elbeik Mar 18, 2015

Sorry for being negative, but Phantom sounds Bell&Ross and aviation.

The watch is pretty amazing though.

10. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 18, 2015

Disappointed so far. While I like the use of the NATO straps, some of the "new" models seem like a complete departure from the TH traditions and traits. The comments on the Calibre11 page are brutal. Still holding hope for the rest of the reveals.

11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 18, 2015

12. elbeik

elbeik Mar 18, 2015

The McLaren F1 is indeed a nice watch.

I believe they should complement the David Guetta version with a ladies size Hed Kandi limited edition. Black and Fuchsia.

dtf likes this.
  13. imagwai

imagwai Mar 18, 2015

The McLaren F1 and the Aquaracer are the stand-out pieces for me.

14. Pell031

Pell031 Mar 18, 2015

The McLaren F1 is a nice piece. the others are disappointing

15. dtf

dtf Mar 18, 2015

Guessing they put all the effort into the smartwatch

16. cfavaro

cfavaro Mar 21, 2015

I have been a fan of the brand since I was a child when Ayrton Senna ruled the tracks but I can't not understand what is going on right now with my ole' and good Tag Heur. Mr. Biver, what have you been doing, Sir? Changing the logo while destroying the legibility of Carrera? After about 30 years of deep respect for the brand, I have been forced to open the window and look the world out side. I would go for a vintage Heuer (not a re-edition) or step out to another brand if I want a new watch. Jack, I would like to express my condolences.