Back to TAG Heuer after a long hiatus

After a 25 year hiatus since my last TAG Heuer I am finally back to wearing one and I can’t seem to take it off my wrist to put the rest of my watches back on rotation…

In the early 90’s I received as gifts both a Formula 1 Series Chronograph black dial in steel and an S/el Series grey dial in steel (still own both of them). These were my first real watches (albeit both with quartz movements) besides the multitude of Swatches I might have accidentallly destroyed during my childhood.

These two watches which I researched in magazine ads and catalogs before the age of the internet and hand picked hoping I would be able to get one of the two, were the start of my horological insanity and led to a barrage of mechanical and complicated timepieces which I have owned through out the years.

32133807287_5e1fce9177_b.jpg

Many years later when I was finally able to afford to purchase my own timepieces, I passionately followed Jean Claude Biver’s rise in the industry and luckily own a few of the models he introduced of different brands.

As JCB sky rocketed through LVMH’s watchmaking division and took over the reigns at TAG Heuer I watched closely as he launched the incredible Carrera Heuer 01 amongst many other fantastic changes he made to the company.

But my curiosity really peaked when JCB announced a couple of years ago an in-house Tourbillon Automatic Chronograph for under CHF 20,000. First I thought it was impossible and he had either lost his mind or was launching a machiavelic marketing campaign on scale never seen before. After seeing the first examples of the Carrera Heuer 02 T in the wild, I knew it was the later.

I tried unsuccessfully for a while to obtain one of these coveted and limited production timepieces and then the Forged Carbon (CMC) version was launched and I went nuts, I had to have that watch.

Luckily and thanks to my good friend Georges in Crans-Montana, CH, I was able to get one over the holidays and I am finally back to wearing a TAG Heuer after a much overdue period.

Now I just have to stop staring at the Tourbillon all day and get stuff done!!!

46161873105_ecf689d5ed_b.jpg

32133694517_30e7f6917d_b.jpg

Finally a slow motion video of the Tourbillon

Wow, that’s some upgrade. Talk about jumping from bottom to top of the range. Congrats and welcome yo the forum.

Welcome to the forum Miula, and congrats on your watch!

Thank you, glad to be part of the forum and to finally have something to post about

Wow, that’s some upgrade. Talk about jumping from bottom to top of the range. Congrats and welcome yo the forum.

Thank you!!! I am just lucky to have the watch

Wow what a "comeback" :eek::cool: welcome to the best forum in the world and please, keep them pictures coming for us to admire

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your Carbon Tourbillon and for sharing your journey. Hopefully there will be many more to come in the next few years.

Wow what a "comeback" :eek::cool: welcome to the best forum in the world and please, keep them pictures coming for us to admire

Thank you, working on some good macro photos with a proper camera, will be up soon.

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your Carbon Tourbillon and for sharing your journey. Hopefully there will be many more to come in the next few years.

Thank you for the warm welcome

Welcome to the forum ! What a comeback !

Thanks for the story sharing.

Thank you as well, honored to be part of the forum