Forums Latest Members
  1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 11, 2023

Somewhere a hundred thousand feminists are screaming in unison...

Jim Dollares and Yago like this.
  2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 11, 2023

upload_2023-1-11_16-34-1.png

What the hell kind of nonsense is this? Yellow strap on a 383.513...

3. Yago

Yago Jan 11, 2023

yet only I get called out :D

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 11, 2023

Yeah, but Martin's Scottish, they are still living in 1950.

5. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 11, 2023

I’m sorry guys I posted a clickbait video :( I should have never bothered. Why do these internet “watch enthusiasts” pick on TAG Heuer? I mean they gain attention by playing down on TAG Heuer? Everytime they do this, I know I get a little sting and gets hurt :( I know TH has gone thru ups and downs but if you look at TAG Heuer’s rich history, its one of the most remarkable and fascinating story of its kind! Inventions, innovations, precision, marketing-sponsorhsip, iconic legacy, hollywood and motorsports, durability and quality, digital frontier —> yes avant garde. The common person might not understand it but to those who know, it means pushing the boundaries! Everything package in a quality timepiece!

Probably the problem people see with TAG Heuer is that TH tries to cater to alot of market with wide offerings. There is just a TH watch for any kind of customer. And since watch enthusiasts think, TH is not niche, not exclusive enough, and more of a “fashion brand” (it probably doesn’t help that TH is tied with LVMH known as the largest fashion house / group) they simply can not accept TAG Heuer as a proper watch company ?

I’m sticking with TAG Heuer no matter what. I have no issues with quality, my money spent is well worth it. My love of motorsport only cements my passion for TAG Heuer. My greatest F1 heroes growing up were TH ambassadors. And the THF collectors and enthusiasts here are probably the best passionate people I know. :thumbsup:

6. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Jan 11, 2023

Well said, sir! I share your passion for the brand, and I am thankful we have this forum and its knowledgeable members. Even being a fan of TAG Heuer for over two decades, I learn so much by being here.

7. bpsmith

bpsmith Jan 11, 2023

Couldn’t agree more. I have learnt an awful lot over the past year so, again, thank you all for that.

I only have 2 luxury watches, the Black Seamaster Diver 300M and the Orange Aquaracer Professional.

There is definitely a difference in quality between the two, but one costs over 80% more than the other, so not a fair comparison.

Whilst I love both, guess which makes me smile the most when I look at it!?!

Sometimes the sum of their parts don’t compare to the overall feeling you get from something in its entirety.

I just wish people would wise up when they decide on their purchases, as I would wager my house that a vast majority would actually enjoy their watches more if they bought what excites them over always buying what others tell them to in reviews and/or brand blindness.

I also wish that they could see that you can enjoy a range of brands equally, without needing to compare and certainly not rubbish people along the way.

dtf, Jim Dollares and Jemagloh like this.
  8. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 11, 2023

I get in to make tea/coffee or do the dishes, other times it’s “No” when I ask to help(hinder).

9. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 11, 2023

I don’t go in the kitchen, herself doesn’t go in the garage, she has been driving for 40? years, never once put fuel in any car, nor paid for any, horses for courses.

imagwai likes this.
  10. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 11, 2023

bottom line is "you are not a real watch tuber unless you bashed Tag Heuer at least once"

kappa_md and Anthony.R like this.
  11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 12, 2023

See, I told you....

12. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 12, 2023

100% Agree. Unfortunately an awful lot of people don't buy watches for their own enjoyment so much as to impress other people. And thanks to YouTube/internet they also believe buying a Sub or a Speedy or whatever somehow ingratiates you into some sort of smug 'club'.

I would rather talk to someone who owns that funky digItal Omega (X51 is it called?) than someone who blindly buys a Speedmaster or a Seamaster because that's what you are 'supposed' to buy.

I know a lot of people here have these watches, but I feel like they are buying them for different reasons, people here are watch enthusiasts after all, the people I'm talking about are really not.

13. bpsmith

bpsmith Jan 12, 2023

I didn’t even consider the Speedmaster, for exactly those reasons. I do like the Racing version which you don’t see as many of though. As for the Skywalker X-33, I absolutely love that model, so have to completely agree there! The Marstimer with the burnt orange especially. Just so difficult to find in store to try in though.

As for the Seamaster, I bought mine because it just kept drawing my attention when getting my first watch. I like the quirky helium valve and the bracelet, but it’s ironic how many bought this watch and wish it didn’t have either. Without those elements it would be just lost in the sea of others tbh.

I did play it safe with the Black though, so did have a wobble for a while where I thought I had bought the wrong one, but completely turned that opinion around now the Orange Aquaracer is in rotation. :)

14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 12, 2023

That's a shame though, that you would dismiss a good watch because of that. But I can totally understand it. I actually tried on a Speedy with an open mind and I just thought it was quite dull. Couldn't see why it was this big deal, other than the whole Apollo thing... I do like the Apollo 8 one though.

15. bpsmith

bpsmith Jan 12, 2023

Same here. I can see the attraction for some and they are beautifully made, but it’s just too boring for me also.

16. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 19, 2023

Here's another similar video. Once again covering the history first, what was good, what went wrong and how to fix TAG Heuer. It seems to blame the Cal. 1887 as the start of when things started to go all wrong, claiming it was a lie - not a true in-house, but a Seiko movement.

What caught my attention is the maker seems to have used our forum for part of its research. It starts off with a clip of forum discussions and I immediately noticed @Albert-AMG and @Jim Dollares names. So I ended up watching the whole thing just to see what else was borrowed from our forum.
    TAG video.jpg

17. imagwai

imagwai Jan 19, 2023

The video goes further than that - basically it's factually incorrect. It states quite clearly that the movement wasn't made in Tag's factory but made for them by Seiko outside Switzerland. Absolute rubbish. Another video that is just feeding the myth of hate for Tag Heuer.

18. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 19, 2023

I love how people want to 'fix' TAG Heuer. I am sure Freddie sits there looking at his spreadsheets, thinking 'dude, it ain't broke, why do we need to fix it'?

'Fixing it' usually means 'pandering to about 2% of their actual customers', which is as predictable as it is misinformed. As if audience tastes haven't changed in the last 50 years.

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 19, 2023

20. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 19, 2023

Hasn’t Freddie sister? just taken charge of a another arm of the company recently? Think I caught the tail end of a report re LMVH on telly.