Forums Latest Members
  1. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 9, 2023

This video literally just showed up my feed :eek:
    I don’t know if you guys have seen this :whistling:

thingziliketoo likes this.
  2. bpsmith

bpsmith Jan 10, 2023

I love these videos where they put out a question, but never give their actual own opinion on the answer.

For me, there’s far too much emphasis put on whether models are consistent with all of the other watches any brand have offered. Yes, there’s most definitely a place for iconic designs, but there’s also a place for brands who like to give a wider variation to choose from, otherwise we would all be wearing watches that look the same!

Let’s also not mention the lengths of each end of his tie…

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 10, 2023

God these videos drive me insane.

The formula: pose a 'controversial' question, knowing full well that a lot of people just plain hate TAG Heuer. Then talk about the history of Heuer for 7 minutes, make sure to include Steve McQueen and the oscillating pinion (to make it sound like you know technical stuff), then maybe mention the takeover and plastic F1s, then jump to modern day as if nothing of relevance happened in the last 40 years.... and finish up with a rundown of what you are wearing in the video.

Admittedly, that last one is kinda 'unique'

Turpinr, Nonsense and thingziliketoo like this.
  4. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Jan 10, 2023

I dislike these as well. It seems to be all about getting the views. I see a new face on the YouTube’s and think “maybe they will have a fresh take on Tag”. At the end of these I am always sorry I contributed to the view count. :thumbsdown:

5. imagwai

imagwai Jan 10, 2023

Based on the comments, I don't think I'm going to watch this :)

Jim Dollares and thingziliketoo like this.
  6. bpsmith

bpsmith Jan 10, 2023

Don’t bother.

7. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 10, 2023

Actually, sir @Aquagraph is right. In the end, he did not answer his question. More than half of the video, he is narrating the rich and great story of TAG Heuer which is good by the way. Then suddenly in the end, he becomes bias and judgmental (e.g. “Heuer Diver watches are copy cats of Rolex?”) because probably he has a certain standard for “luxury” watches.

The problem is that, he just can’t seem to see TAG Heuer in the likes of Rolex, Omega, PP & AP. Because TAG Heuer caters to alot of customers, ranging from different classes, to entry up to haute. He can’t deny TAG Heuer is innovative and avant garde, where boundaries are pushed and further explored. Daring and bold vs conservative. He can’t deny that TAG Heuer makes quality time pieces which is most of the time good value for money compared to the competition.

thingziliketoo and bpsmith like this.
  8. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 10, 2023

I felt he did answer his question when he summed it up by saying "Jack of all trades, Master of none" - meaning "Average".

I didn't care for the way he narrated the history either, there was always a bit of sarcasm in between his words. Like when he covers the F1 and says something like "yet another luxury watch maker with a plastic watch".

I thought the whole video was just plain irritating. :thumbsdown:

9. bpsmith

bpsmith Jan 10, 2023

I always find it ironic when they rubbish materials like plastic, or carbon for that matter, as that often gets called plastic when people rubbish it. It’s not like Steel is a particularly luxurious material at the end of the day.

10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 10, 2023

I didn't actually watch it, I just scanned along the bottom and noticed that every picture was of a Heuer, except the F1, and then it jumped to him admiring himself like a massive tool. These videos are ten a penny on YouTube, we don't need yet another history of the Monaco either, especially since these people don't actually have an opinion of their own to share but just recycle the same tired stories as everyone else.

bpsmith likes this.
  11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 10, 2023

Still I suppose I should pat him on the back for not saying 'Heuer is awesome and TAG sucks', at least he didn't burden himself with that stupidity.

bpsmith likes this.
  12. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 10, 2023

Probably best you didn't watch it fully. There's a few things he says while going over the history that are inaccurate or just plain nonsense.

13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 10, 2023

Consider me shocked...

14. mehqwatches

mehqwatches Jan 10, 2023

Just more click bait!

kappa_md and dtf like this.
  15. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 11, 2023

Don’t think I’ve watched many(if any) of these videos.

16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 11, 2023

Excellent, keep it that way

17. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jan 11, 2023

Martin is such a smart gentleman, too classy to bother with this youtube shit

Aquagraph likes this.
  18. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 11, 2023

Haha, honestly just too many other demands on my screen time for me to get involved with another rabbit hole to disappear down, if I want controversy I can start a discussion with my wife about my need for another watch* or go on the rugby club forum.
    * Now her new kitchen is on order I think it’s time for me to have something new, I’d have to hope she’s forgotten that’s why I got the Porsche Design one of course.

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 11, 2023

Smart and cunning...

20. Yago

Yago Jan 11, 2023

Also I bet her kitchen was way more expensive than the PD so there should be a budget floating around somewhere :cool: