Forums Latest Members

Autavias on offer at Bicester Village (30% discount)

1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 8, 2022

2. RushDom

RushDom Dec 8, 2022

Not a bad price at all for the three hander.

I see the Chrono is still there - I was there over the summer and they had quite a few in stock. Same goes for Cheshire Oaks

3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Dec 8, 2022

Yeah these flopped so badly, Im guessing they will have a long life in the outlets

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2022

Wow, 2850 gbp for the heritage Autavia is quite a bargain! That's 40% off their original price.

5. dtf

dtf Dec 8, 2022

I could never quite reconcile the bezel on that chrono, it almost felt like a dive watch with the bezel width.

paysdoufs likes this.
  6. RushDom

RushDom Dec 8, 2022

It is - but I seem to recall ADs clearing these out of shop windows in late 2019 with similar discounts. These really didn’t seem to sell well for whatever reason (likely too expensive at retail and a lack of awareness of the Autavia line).

FWIW I enjoyed owning my Autavia but felt I’d had my fill from it - the fact I sold it back to Watchfinder for only £100 less than I paid two years prior wasn’t bad. Nice watch but chunky and a bit awkward looking when compared to the original pieces it takes inspiration from

paysdoufs likes this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 8, 2022

Apparently there might be some more coming, green ones...

8. imagwai

imagwai Dec 8, 2022

I remember taking part in the voting (Autavia Cup) for this. I remember being quite disappointed that the thickness of the bezel and overall chunkiness had robbed the watch of what made the original that we voted for so great. That said, I would possibly have bought one if it hadn't been too big for my wrist (42mm and near 50mm lug to lug is pushing it a tad far). The other issue was the price that meant you could actually pick up a vintage example for similar money.

I also think Tag can now use this as a reason to say that their customers don't want heritage pieces. I reckon they just need to go the extra mile and do one without so many compromises. For example, making the glassbox Carrera (which they get the case shape right for) a bit slimmer, with a manual wind iteration of the Heuer 02, and of course that classic panda dial. :)

thingziliketoo, paysdoufs and dtf like this.
  9. RushDom

RushDom Dec 8, 2022

Chronograph or three hand?

10. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Dec 8, 2022

Green dial - bronze Autavias are in the outlets here in the US, too.

11. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2022

Agreed.

The irony is the original Rindt Autavia has greatly appreciated in value, while the re-edition can be bought new at bargain basement prices.

The only re-edition that was done right was the Silverstone. But it was the wrong watch, as even the vintage originals aren't that popular.

paysdoufs and dtf like this.
  12. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2022

Which outlets are these?

I don't get around much, curious to know about any US TAG Heuer outlet stores, like Bicester.

13. imagwai

imagwai Dec 8, 2022

Well, I think there was one other! 20170709_095000.jpg

14. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2022

Very close, but no cigar. The lack of Carrera branding is a major flaw for me. As is the TAG Heuer branding on the later versions.

15. abrod520

abrod520 Dec 8, 2022

They tend to be in those large outlet shopping malls. "______ Premium Outlets" etc

Mspeedster likes this.
  16. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2022

I've seen some that have watch outlet stores that include TAGs. But haven't come across a TAG Heuer boutique-like discount outlet, similar to Bicester. Do you know of a specific one?

Or is my impression about Bicester wrong,, do they sell many other brands too?

17. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Dec 8, 2022

@Mspeedster, the ones I am referring to are TAG Heuer specific. :)

Mspeedster likes this.
  18. abrod520

abrod520 Dec 8, 2022

Quick Google turned this up: https://www.outletaholic.com/brands/tag-heuer/

Couple in the US, the one near here is Woodbury Common in upstate NY.

Mspeedster likes this.
  19. RushDom

RushDom Dec 8, 2022

Cheshire Oaks in Ellesmere Port also has a TH Outlet Boutique. Really nice staff there. Stock is normally similar to Bicester.

I was told there is also an Hour Passion outlet opening up at Cheshire Oaks too - it may already be open - which is a Swatch Group outlet store. The Bicester one stocks Hamilton, Swatch, Tissot, Mido, Certina etc. Some cool pieces.

thingziliketoo, dtf and Mspeedster like this.
  20. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 8, 2022

Thanks, this is helpful. I'll have to check some of these out if I get the chance.