Autavia Heuer 02 accuracy - a little disappointed

Purchased one of these a week ago and have been wearing it this week and it looks to gain 6 or 7 seconds a day which I feel is pretty poor considering it's a new modern calibre.

What are others who own this watch finding?

I have had my Heuer02 watch since October 2017 and haven't seen any major time fluctuations. It should also be noted that I have not measured how much it differs but everything looked alright for me (before I handed it in for warranty claim).

With that being said, the Heuer02 is not a COSC-certified movement and is allowed to have slightly less precise timekeeping. Don't know if +/- 6-7 s/h is acceptable or not.

+6/7 is within acceptable tolerances I'd wager. It's not too bad. And I presume it's reasonably consistent? If so, that's a good sign (although you can expect some variations in timekeeping depending on how the watch is worn, or not). If you're not happy with it, a good starting point would be a Tag boutique or AD who may offer to regulate it for you (although I'm not sure they'd be under any obligation given it's likely within tolerance).

When I had one of the prototype Autavia JH85’s for a couple of weeks it was + 2.6 seconds per day.

I measured it on the toolwatch app, and previously had measured it directly against an atomic clock and saw similar average gains.

I have not done individual measurements, but by looking at their times, after running on the winders for a few weeks, I can see that my Rindt Autavia keeps far better time, than the JH85, which runs too fast.

I think +6 or +7 seconds a day still alright. I know (tested it myself) some of "more" famous chronograph out there run at the more and less accuracy. (Which i wouldn't say the brand to avoid uncessesary debate).

For comparison of in house movement, Frederique Constant in house movement tolerate range of accuracy is +0 - +10.

So in most of in house movement (or even of ETA or Sellita) i think +6 or +7 still okay generally for mechanical watch

Of course i've heard, of Patek accuracy which say around -2 / +2 seconds a day. Sadly i havent got the chance to try them. Interestingly H.Moser also offer the same spectrum.

Sorry i talked too much. The topic of accuracy in mechanical watch always interest me.

Oh by the way, if it bother you so much, you can always ask the people at the service center to demagnetized it for you.

It works on my heuer01 !

Thanks for all the comments. Maybe a demag is worth a try. I know the watch isn't COSC but I would still have liked it to be a little better.

I'll try the demag and report back.

I have not done individual measurements, but by looking at their times, after running on the winders for a few weeks, I can see that my Rindt Autavia keeps far better time, than the JH85, which runs too fast.
Well, running too fast is of course way better than a watch which is losing time. With that being said, I can understand why Peter might have issues with the timing.

Well, running too fast is of course way better than a watch which is losing time. With that being said, I can understand why Peter might have issues with the timing.
All of my watches are running too fast with the exception of my beloved calibre6 chronometre. For me its convenient to turn if they are losing time because i only need to adjust a little, in compare to turning full circle and adjust the date again.

I guess after all these years i am used to taking care of watches like i am taking care of pet. So i love them either running fast or losing time equally.... (not true, i still love my calibre6 the most. Lol. Ssstttt don't let the others heard it)

All of my watches are running too fast with the exception of my beloved calibre6 chronometre. For me its convenient to turn if they are losing time because i only need to adjust a little, in compare to turning full circle and adjust the date again.

You can't change the time in both directions on your watches? I find losing time to be worse because it makes me late(r) for meetings

You can't change the time in both directions on your watches? I find losing time to be worse because it makes me late(r) for meetings
I suppose i could, but i always turn clockwise for the minute hand, never backwards. Just some OCD things i have.

I guess after all these years i am used to taking care of watches like i am taking care of pet. So i love them either running fast or losing time equally.... (not true, i still love my calibre6 the most. Lol. Ssstttt don't let the others heard it)
Is Calibre6 your favorite from a time keeping perspective or is it your favorite watch?

Is Calibre6 your favorite from a time keeping perspective or is it your favorite watch?
I suppose BOTH. But in terms of keeping time, both my monza and telemeter are also very very good.

Just for an update. I returned my Autavia under warranty and they demagnetized it. The problem was that when it came back it was then running at 3 mins per day fast!! Returned it again (got a priority slot) and apparently it was returned to Switzerland for some work. In return (around 4 weeks) it is now running sub 4s per day gain, which I think is fine.

They also replaced the strap, not that it had much wear on it but a nice gesture.

Now really enjoying the watch to the full :-)

That’s great to hear @peterb1960 and glad you got it to a point you’re happy with. Sub 4 seconds seems more reasonable....especially compared to 3 minutes :eek:

I am a bit jealous, my heuer01 running at +10 seconds and they said its alright...

I want it to be running +3 seconds like your heuer02...

Now i am asking them if i want it to be regulated, dont matter the cost, i'll pay (it still under warranty).

They havent reply me

:confused:

With that being said, the Heuer02 is not a COSC-certified movement and is allowed to have slightly less precise timekeeping. Don't know if +/- 6-7 s/h is acceptable or not.
Which TAG watches/movements are C.O.S.C. certified?

Which TAG watches/movements are C.O.S.C. certified?
I'm not sure about the details, but as far as I know, TH only has one COSC certified movement and that is the Calibre 6.