Forums Latest Members

AUTAVIA cream dial with tropical registers / Opinions appreciated

1. Phranz

Phranz Oct 24, 2015

Dear Gentlemen!
    It is my first post here, but I have been a silent reader for some time, learning and enjoying a lot regarding
    Heuer. Some months ago I got a Carrera 3647T 1st execution and I thought, that was it, but:

Recently I had a chance to have a look in flesh at this Autavia 11630T (3rd execution?) and did some quick mobile photos. Had it only for some minutes in my hands. It has experienced definitely rough times since it left the factory, but the dial looks very attractive to me, so I am considering a purchase and want to find out, what a fair value would be, regarding its condition. To me, as a newbie, it looks unpolished and basically to be correct?
    Of course I searched the net for current market prices, but have not found to much about such creamy white dials, (left aside the real Orange Boys). I am also concerned about the general service costs and specially for the beaten bezel.

SN 261xxx
    both numbers good readable

Stop functions and resetting of 30min counter and central second seem to work, but the bezel has a problem. It is very hard to turn, feels stiff and sluggish. Date function works when turning it over 24h, do not know if there is any quick set on Autavias.
    I wonder, why the GF bracelet does not have this little date signature, as I have seen on others?

So I would appreciate a lot any opinions, considerations, hints from you experts.......
    thanks @ all for your attention!
    Franz

face_1.jpg

face_2.jpg

face_3.jpg

Boden_scharf.jpg

Boden von 6h.jpg

Krone.jpg

Band.jpg

pusher_1.jpg

Ref.jpg

Front mit Band.jpg

2. Phranz

Phranz Oct 24, 2015

Sorry, of course the post above is not my first post here *grin*
    Copied erroneously this sentence from another forum......

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 24, 2015

Hi there,

Nice find- White/ Silver 11630s are hard to find. But there are a few "buts":
    - The case is an 11630, as per the lugs
    - I'm not 100% sure it's a 11630 dial...but it probably is. There is a white/ silver/ cream 1163.
    - Here is a 11630 Silver with refinished lume

[​IMG]
    Differences in dial design are normal. your dial should have those Orange hash marks at the end of each hour marker- it probably did, but they've faded with time (you can kind of see them in the photo)
    - Case is a bit beaten, but these are "easy" to fix (well, easy for @abcoro )
    - New bezel would make a huge difference
    - Bracelet looks quite stretched

There is no date quick-set on Calibre 11/12/14/15.

Still, given the rarity of these dials, I'd probably go ahead. I don't know if there really is a "market" price for a watch like this. $2000 would be a bargain, $3000 would probably be OK and I wouldn't pay $4000. Expect to pay the best part of $2000 if you wanted to get this back to its best (service, parts, bezel, case refurb).

Let us know what you do!

Phranz likes this.
  4. Phranz

Phranz Oct 25, 2015

Dear D.C.!
    Thank you so much for taking your time and putting together so nicely these very useful infos!
    It is really a big help for me in calculating a reasonable offer. Next week I can tell more.......

Till then I would like to show, what my little web research about recent sells of these silver whites has brought.
    Different watches in different conditions, bezels and bracelets, but they all share this appealing face.
    Hope I do not offend anyone here, should there be his own watch or even wrist amongst these!

autavia silver_2.jpg

autavia silver_3.jpg

autavia silver_5.jpg
    autavia silver_4.jpg

Calibre11 likes this.
  5. Phranz

Phranz Oct 29, 2015

[QUOTE Still, given the rarity of these dials, I'd probably go ahead. I don't know if there really is a "market" price for a watch like this. $2000 would be a bargain, $3000 would probably be OK and I wouldn't pay $4000. Expect to pay the best part of $2000 if you wanted to get this back to its best (service, parts, bezel, case refurb).

Let us know what you do![/QUOTE]

well, it has been already sold for EUR 3750.- (ca USD 4.140.-)
    ....but not to me.

thx again David for your considerations!
    best regards