Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Nov 28, 2019

SteveP and Albert-AMG like this.
  2. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Nov 29, 2019

Not sure if Concorde will fit in m..... oh you mean the Aston, that would do nicely, even in white, but that still won’t fit in the garage, as I found when considering an AM a few years back.

3. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Nov 29, 2019

It's unlikely that Concorde would still be flying these days but that accident in Paris should not have a put a stop its flying days back then. The Americans refused to allow Concorde a landing permit following the accident purely out of jealousy because the English & French beat them in the supersonic race. If every country around the world refused landing permits every time a Boeing or a Lockheed fell out of the sky, those companies would have gone out of business many, many years ago.

Anyway, beautiful aircraft and equally beautiful car and the fact that it is only available in Bristol is a nice reminder of my home for 13 years.

4. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 1, 2019

Been in Concorde at a local museum, feels fast even in a hangar.

5. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Dec 1, 2019

I have been on board one in the National Air Museum, near Edinburgh but what was far more fun was my uncle, a former BA pilot, taking me on board one when I was in my early teens. I got to in the cockpit, sit in the seats and take home an amenity kit. My first taste of 'First Class' even though the plane never left the ground :).

Edited Dec 4, 2019
  6. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 4, 2019

Same museum then, unfortunately I didn’t get any freebies, oh wait, somewhere I have an exhibitors plate from the car show that day, not quite the same though. Lucky you.

7. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Dec 4, 2019

I only visited the museum near Edinburgh a few years ago. The freebies came from a separate visit to Heathrow with my uncle. They are long gone now but it would have been cool to have still had them given all the flying I have done since moving to Australia.

8. SteveP

SteveP Dec 5, 2019

I've been lucky enough to take a short trip in Concorde.....from London to New York! ;) Absolutely amazing experience.

I wonder if I qualify for a discount on the Aston then? Bristol isn't even that far from me these days.....(on that basis I'd also be happy to pick one up for a fellow C11 member and drive it to them anywhere in the world. :thumbsup:)

Albert-AMG and Mr_Orange like this.
  9. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Dec 5, 2019

Shotgun/navigator.:)

10. SteveP

SteveP Dec 5, 2019

Done.:D