Forums Latest Members
  1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 22, 2019

I was lucky enough to get a factory tour of Aston Martin last week, pretty interesting to see the production line in operation. When we left they gave us a copy of the Aston Martin magazine and on the back there was an advert for Patek Phillipe! :whipped:

dtf likes this.
  2. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 22, 2019

I suppose the advertising sales staff will sell to whoever wants to advertise!

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 22, 2019

No pics?

4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2019

To be honest you weren't allowed to take any beyond the reception area... and I left my camera in the car. There were three new Astons in reception and then maybe ten or so historical ones around the corner... but no 80s Lagonda (which I thought a shame since it was such a unique and interesting design), our guide told us that she knows of someone who owns 23 of that model. I was lucky to get the tour through a friend, apparently they've only recently started doing tours for the public but they charge £350!

It was quite interesting seeing the production line and I must say everyone working there seemed pretty happy in their work. I think my favourite parts actually were seeing the machine that embroiders the Aston Martin logo onto the headrest leather, and the end of the line where you walk past about 10 brand new Vantages in varying colours. I really liked the matt dark grey one, but matt paint is a nightmare. There was one in that acid yellow that you see on the F1 watch and also one in a very strong 'lime' green as well. Stunning cars, and being able to see them up close meant you could pick up on details like the square/circles that were copied onto the backplate of the AM Carrera.

Hubert and dtf like this.
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2019

Yes I guess, it just seems a bit odd when you are in a creative partnership with a different company. But then I guess Patek and TAG are hardly competing for business...

6. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 23, 2019

That isn't really that surprising.

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2019

No indeed, which is why I left my camera in the car.

8. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jun 23, 2019

Here's a video to complete the picture.

9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 23, 2019

Great video, that's pretty much what I saw... even the robot picking up the bodyshells on it's own - slightly weird.

Hubert likes this.