Forums Latest Members

Any advice on best place to sell

1. DavidL

DavidL Oct 19, 2022

Hi all. New to forum and hope it’s not too cheeky to ask advice on where to sell a couple of watches that need new owners to get some wrist time. I’m in the uk. Thanks

2. imagwai

imagwai Oct 19, 2022

Well, there's the marketplace subforum here which you can use. There's also Omega Forums, Watchuseek and Rolex Forums (the latter you have to pay to advertise on). If you can stomach the fees, then eBay is possibly the best place these days, with the authentication programme adding confidence (you ship the watch to an independent checker and they forward on to the buyer). There's also Chrono24.com which gives you a wide audience, and they offer an escrow service. You might struggle to sell on forums without any feedback, though, so maybe eBay or Chrono24 is best for you?

3. DavidL

DavidL Oct 19, 2022

Thanks. Appreciated

4. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Oct 19, 2022

based on personal experience, I suggest selling on ebay (purchased 2 watches from here) or Chrono24.com (sold and bought multiple watches here). Both these places charge a commission, but definitely more secure than selling on forums without having references on the buying party. As a seller, you'll be better off selling on Chrono24.com as they charge a lower commission (6.5% of the sale value) and you don't need to worry about watch authentication issues, which are the buyer's headache. If you're new to eBay (as I still am) you will only be able to sell items worth 650 £ max in a month / single listing value.