Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Oct 5, 2016

There seems to be a growing level of interest in the first series re-edition Carreras from 20 years ago- and you can see why
    Scans065.jpg
    Beautiful classic watch...hand-wind movement (a plus in my eyes), but also some "vintage" features that aren't as attractive- 36mm size and the plexi crystal.

Got me thinking about a series that I think will become the next "big thing"- the Carrera line that followed these re-editions in 2002
    1carreraL (1).jpg
    Ok, the elephant in the room is the TAG Heuer logo rather than Heuer...and for some, that will make it less collectable. But, 39mm is a much better size, there's now an automatic movement and a sapphire crystal. Price wise, you can generally pick these up for US$2000...sometimes less.

1376.jpg 3382 (1).jpg

Many of us here are looking for smaller sized watches...these seem to fit the bill quite well!

wayneswe, dtf, coffeeyen and 2 others like this.
  2. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 5, 2016

The CS3111 is what started me into the world of TH, and was followed by a CS3112 and the CAR221A (Cal.18 Telemeter). All about the same size.
    Yes, the first re-editions are small................but not too small. All my watches are 40mm or smaller. I do understand the drive for larger cases but it's not something I've ever accepted myself.
    Another consideration is that, by today's standards, the first gen re-editions are 'midsize' and effectively unisex. These classically styled models look great on women and, when they are 21, my daughter will be given my CS3112 and my son the 3111 (unless I flip it for 3113 so they both get Daytona rings!). Neither will be a 'Patek Phillippe heirloom' (if you buy that hype) but both will still be a beautifully crafted and reliable piece of classic horology.
    For me, the later TAG branded re-edition models will never be on my wishlist but I do absolutely agree that they are a bargain on the secondhand market right now.

WernerBoeinck, coffeeyen and imagwai like this.
  3. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 5, 2016

The black dial is gorgeous, I slightly prefer the Lemania manual wind edition but these are great too

4. imagwai

imagwai Oct 5, 2016

They're nice watches and I agree about the size aspect. The date also makes them a bit more "mainstream". However, I don't believe they'll ever attain the desirability of the original reissue. But they make a good and more easily accessible alternative, vintage style piece, at a great price.

One thing possibly to be aware of. I've heard that the sapphire crystal on the later re-editions is eye-wateringly expensive to replace if it shatters.

5. coffeeyen

coffeeyen Oct 5, 2016

I sure hope I didn't just get myself a gateway drug into the world of vintage Heuers... or maybe I really want to! :cool:

By the way, if you're also looking to get that CS3113 -- Michael Uphoff (http://www.chrono24.com/en/tagheuer...on-lemania-handaufzugs-kaliber--id4672358.htm) has one available and he's just great to work with, even though I didn't get mine from him in the end... I think he has one that is in the most 'complete' condition on the market right now.

And there's this CV2113 on the Bay too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131954296117?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Cheers!

6. Big Adam

Big Adam Oct 5, 2016

It's a slippery slope! I'd not considered the re-editions as 'vintage' but I suppose they are 20yrs old themselves now. And I guess that is the appeal, echoes of the true Heuer originals but without the concern of the potential fragility of a 60yr old example.
    I'm in no rush on the CS3113. Both my re-editions were found at the lower end of the market (and my kids are currently 7 and 4, so I've plenty of time!)

WernerBoeinck likes this.
  7. WernerBoeinck

WernerBoeinck Oct 6, 2016

This is my "new old" three-hand Carrera. I bought IT when the local AD gave up, not only to offer IT a new home. Less weight,
    but not less watch. IMG_1287.JPG

8. elbeik

elbeik Oct 6, 2016

Some people on this forum once gave me an advice and I ended up with the first reissue, a black cs3111.

I am lurking over a white CV2110 NOS at the local AD, but still waiting until they really crack and discount it properly.

This forum will mess up your mind, I am telling you.

Calibre11 likes this.
  9. Nethers66

Nethers66 Nov 15, 2016

Joined a while ago for information, but thought it was time to show my Heuer re-editions.

Left to right
    My first Carrera WS2111 (2000) purchased in 2010 from eBay for £500
    Second "Monza" CR2111 (2005) purchased in April 2015 from a dealer in Cologne for (£1150) 1300euros
    Most recent Carrera Chrono CS3110 (2001) purchased last Saturday from a dealer in Birmingham for £1465

IMG_1513.JPG
  10. elbeik

elbeik Nov 16, 2016

Talk about good deals!
    Great collection!

Calibre11 likes this.
  11. PhillipDB

PhillipDB Feb 24, 2020

Hi All

I have decided I really want a red-edition, specifically the models mentioned https://www.calibre11.com/heuer-carrera-1964-re-edition/.

The re-edition page outlines the main three CS models and I see the differences between them and the CV ones (logo).

A lot of adverts with the CV models call them re-editions...What is the different between the CV models and CS?

12. imagwai

imagwai Feb 24, 2020

CS have plexi crystal. CV has sapphire.
    CS manual wind. CV automatic.
    CS 36mm. CV 39mm
    CS Heuer branded. CV Tag Heuer branded.

Those are the main differences. There are others.

heuerholic and Mspeedster like this.
  13. PhillipDB

PhillipDB Feb 24, 2020

Amazing, thank you.