<ADMIN> Fri 23rd August - Major Forum Software Upgrade & Scheduled Downtime

On Friday 23rd of August we will be bringing the site down for several hours to both upgrade software and upgrade servers. We will be moving to a massively new version of our software which @Trev has been working on for around 2 years now (I helped with some PHP).

Among the new features are:

* Exponentially Better Search, which actually works and is useful
* Better Mobile Support
* Much Faster Performance
* New Emojis
* Better Navigation
* Countless other new features

During the downtime we will provide updates via:

The site will look quite a bit different but should still feel very familiar and easy to navigate, we will have a bug report thread up for people to post any issues in after the upgrade
Edited:

Our gratitude to Ash and Trev for all their work on this. The upgrades are substantial and well worth any temporary interruption, as they will bring several functional and performance improvements to our community. See list above.

On Friday 23rd of August we will be bringing the site down for several hours to both upgrade software and upgrade servers. We will be moving to a massively new version of our software which @Trev has been working on for around 2 years now (I helped with some PHP).

Among the new features are:

* Exponentially Better Search, which actually works and is useful
* Better Mobile Support
* Much Faster Performance
* New Emojis
* Better Navigation
* Countless other new features

During the downtime we will provide updates via:

The site will look quite a bit different but should still feel very familiar and easy to navigate, we will have a bug report thread up for people to post any issues in after the upgrade
Sounds great, much appreciated!

Especially looking forward to the new emojis! ::psy::

and mobile support. Strange things happend now and then. Looking forward. 👍

Better search results will be appreciated too. Many thanks for all the effort! 😎

It’s great to see how the community here has grown by the way, we were afraid with the closing of calibre11 and the name change that it could slowly lose momentum but it looks like the new domain name has helped a lot more TAG Heuer owners, especially of new watches find their way here.

With the upgrade there should be some SEO improvement too so that coupled with the speed increase should see the site rank better in general and hopefully grow at a more rapid pace still, although this last year has actually been the most active on record so far already.

Do not worry about the speed. Most of us are old men..😗

this last year has actually been the most active on record so far already.
Very happy to hear this 👍 hopefully we will see a continued growth of our THF family going forward.

Indeed! Is there a way we can funnel more 'modern' TAG Heuer fans to the site, cos it's still overrun with fusty vintage types. 😁

Perhaps the new site will block Modern fans from the Vintage section and Vintage fans from the Modern section?

Current site does that for me mind you, as I have not read a single post in the Vintage section. 😀

Indeed! Is there a way we can funnel more 'modern' TAG Heuer fans to the site, cos it's still overrun with fusty vintage types. 😁
From my observation, a lot of the new user activity seems to happen in the "is my watch authentic" thread, and indeed the queries are about modern TAG's.

It’s great to see how the community here has grown by the way, we were afraid with the closing of calibre11 and the name change that it could slowly lose momentum but it looks like the new domain name has helped a lot more TAG Heuer owners, especially of new watches find their way here.

With the upgrade there should be some SEO improvement too so that coupled with the speed increase should see the site rank better in general and hopefully grow at a more rapid pace still, although this last year has actually been the most active on record so far already.
@dsio - Thanks again for your efforts. It's interesting that you say THF has had its most active year, I'm curious about the metrics used to measure this. Is it number of posts, number of views, number of new members or other?

Except for new members wanting to check the authenticity of their TAGs, my perception is that the overall activity has been relatively flat. Or in some respects, may have even shrunk in terms of the number of members who post frequently and on a regular basis.

Downtime starting in 2 hours