A Trip to TAG in Bicester Village...

I agree, but I've already got a Heuer 01...

Also a beautiful watch :) I try one on everytime i pass through terminal 5, one day I'll give in!

Yeah, it's lovely. And when you consider what else is available for the same money it's actually very good value as well.

You made the right decision buying monaco 24. Because i heard the Elprimero movement will not be use anymore in newer model.

I've had my chance before. But i pulled the trigger on the LS because i thought the linear system was so unique...like you said, can't have everything.

You made the right decision buying monaco 24. Because i heard the Elprimero movement will not be use anymore in newer model.

I've had my chance before. But i pulled the trigger on the LS because i thought the linear system was so unique...like you said, can't have everything.

Well I haven't actually bought it.... yet. And there's a possibility that by the time I get the cash together they won't be available any more.

Well I haven't actually bought it.... yet. And there's a possibility that by the time I get the cash together they won't be available any more.

Thats exactly my case hahahaha

For those who don't read my outstanding blog.... (you know who you are!). I went to Bicester today and discovered that some of the prices on the high end pieces have plummeted. The Calibre 36 Racing Chrono has dropped from £4500 to £3800, the Calibre 36 Flyback watches had dropped from £3900 to £3500, and the Monaco 24's had dropped from £6100 to £4900! Also there were smaller discounts applied to the Grand Carreras. Crazy times!
Edited:

Yeah bro, its been like that since 2 months ago in here too. Especiallly for calibre 36.

Why are they so desperate to dump the stock? It's odd really, they have Grand Carreras from 2010 and they aren't 'giving' those away still?

Why are they so desperate to dump the stock? It's odd really, they have Grand Carreras from 2010 and they aren't 'giving' those away still?

I think any watches that are not, by definition "classic" will lose value over time.

The grand carrera is in discount in here, the calibre 36. Maybe not as big as from 7000 to 4000 but it was bigger discount than most

Went to Bicester again today. Very poor stock in the TAG outlet, so few watches on show... one whole cabinet is just first gen Connecteds as well... bah! They have got the black and silver Monaco 24 back in though, albeit the price has gone back up to £4900. Tough to see that, but I think my brush with buying the orange one (how sick would I be if I'd bought that now) has tempered my enthusiasm somewhat. Interestingly they had the full complement of M24s today, black/silver, orange/grey and blue/white. Okay so no Gulf Concept model... but still.

But very little else, they have the orange Grand Carrera and one other GC I think, but they usually have oodles of F1s and Aquaracers... oh they did have a quite nice Monaco Grand Prix Carrera with the minute markers, which was about £3500.

Sadly my fund is standing at a fairly lowly £970 at the moment, so there wasn't much I could have afforded - well that's not true, I 'could' have bought anything in the shop really, but wiping out my savings on another watch probably isn't the best idea. I have bought two this year as it is!

They did have a couple of yellow dial Aquaracers, but not the Calibre S, somebody obviously had that away.

How much were the first gen connected?

How much were the first gen connected?

Sorry I didn't look... I have zero interest.

Likewise, but I really want the Calibre 5 exchange watch for the first gen connected :)

Likewise, but I really want the Calibre 5 exchange watch for the first gen connected :)

Isn't it stupidly big though - for a three hander?

Its big but don't think it's too big, I've seen the modular 45 mechanical module which is big and that looks fantastic.

Its big but don't think it's too big, I've seen the modular 45 mechanical module which is big and that looks fantastic.
I agree. I like it so much. Probably equal love for that and 3 hander aquaracer.