Forums Latest Members
  1. Skyboltone

Skyboltone Feb 26, 2016

I've got half a dozen watches in the drawer. My late father's inop 10K gold Omega 36mm is the best of them and it runs but won't stay running. t'm planning to have it repaired soon. The rest of them are Seiko and Timex. I love mechanical things, I'm a private pilot and restoring one airplane while building another. On top of that I fell off a ladder on 29Jan16 and broke my back.......in a brace, taking narcotics but getting better each day. I may go out and get a haircut at end of the month. I need it. Lots of drama eh?
    So, what business do I have buying a new watch? I dunno. I'm holding off my buy it now obsession and want to talk. I need encouragement or slapping around or a hole in my head. Your choice.
    Did I mention I need GMT? Anyway, I clicked on the BIN button this morning on a Parnis knockoff of the Rolex GMT master II. $97. More dreck. I couldn't leave well enough alone though and a few minutes ago I stumbled onto this:

Tag Heuer Formula 1 GMT Auto Black dial Men's Watch WAZ211A.BA0875 priced at $1360 new with tags and an in store 2 year warrantee. It's black faced. The seller has almost 4000 sales at 99.3 positive.

Now what am I going to do .I always imagined when I sprung for a good one it would be an Omega just because it's sort of the family brand. I do have an empty card, a guitar I don't play that could finance the deal, and an OCD kind of personality. Two questions; three?
    1) Is this a good deal?
    2) Will one show up like new next week for $1K?
    3) How long has it been out of production. I can't find it on the TH site.

2. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Feb 26, 2016

3. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Feb 27, 2016