Forums Latest Members
  1. gekicker08

gekicker08 Apr 19, 2022

Hello all, as this is my first post I'll introduce myself and then ask what very well may be a silly question. I just picked up the hobby of watch repair and collecting and have found myself attracted to the Tag Heuer name due to its affiliation with Formula 1 (I'm a McLaren guy, so the Gulf Oil Model that came out was about the most gorgeous thing I've seen in a long time). I picked up a 2000 with the 251.262 movement to "restore" and have found that a lot of the movement is a bit broken or even missing. I was looking at getting a replacement movement and found one on eBay for a great price. I do have a question, however, on my movement it has printed in black ink " Tag 1.93" on it, and the replacement movement has "Tag 2.97" on it. Is there a difference or will this work as a replacement? I shall add photos shortly! Thanks for reading.

Albert-AMG likes this.
  2. gekicker08

gekicker08 Apr 19, 2022

My movement is the one with the leather pad under it and the replacement is the 2.97

s-l1600.jpg urpbdqo7lku81.jpg
  3. Julius12

Julius12 May 15, 2022

1.93 or 2.97 are the month and year of manufacture of the movement, January 1993 the first and February 1997 the second. If the caliber is the same, you will have no problem. Cheers.