2024 LVMH Watch Week

True, but we already have the Gulf Monaco. Would a Porsche edition be differentiated enough?
I can think of lots of ways to make it different. I'd love to see the dial in the light Gulf blue, as in this concept I did a few years ago. Note the Gulf-Porsche logo.

I also would love to see a new spin on the original Monaco Gulf, which was patterned after Steve's racing suit. I think it might be cool if they had the Porsche logo engraved on the Monaco case, to keep the dial from being overly busy.

In addition, it doesn't have to be a Gulf. As I mentioned before, a Porsche McQueen C11 edition in dark blue would be very nice. They could also do the C11 Monaco dial in Porsche Slate Gray, which was the color of the 1970 911S that Steve drove in the opening scene of Le Mans.

...plus the fact that Porsche doesn’t have much history at Monaco
Oh but they do! Let's not forget that Alain Prost won the Monaco GP three years in a row ('84, '85 & '86) driving the Porsche TAG Turbo powered McLaren.

Here's my concept mock up to celebrate the Porsche TAG Turbo era Monaco wins. I'd be all in if they made something like this!
Edited:

Aquaracers with in-house COSC are long over due. The TH20 models need to be COSC as standard too.
This frankly feels like a necessity by now. At least from a marketing perspective.

If I owned a JPN Men's Club Monaco or a Hodinkee Dato, not sure I would be too pleased with TH redoing these after such a comparatively short time (unless the Dato is a modern glassbox, of course)...

Also, I feel that TH might be launching too many novelties overall. How many were there in 2023? About 6 each month on average?
Edited:

Expecting to see new in house movements for 3 Hand Aquaracer including COSC.
Also there is definitely a Green Carrera Dato.
Green Monaco Calibre 11 LE
Gold case Skipper
Silver dial Carrera Panda
Seafarer
More Carrera X Porsche collaboration
Not sure they will all be announced at Watch Week though.
That would be cool! It would be interesting to see TAG make in house three hand movements. I’ve always thought of them as similar to Breitling in the way that they are really known for their chronographs, so they haven’t really bothered with their “non heritage” models.
I see Breitling is charging almost $5k for the avenger three hand with a COSC Sellita now… which is hopefully not the new norm.

Did TH tease an Aquaracer with a Tudor/Kenissi caliber? I wonder if there will be a Kenissi partnership? You think we will see a big price increase?

S
The solid gold Aquaracers have a TAG/Kenissi movement.
So does the AR Super-Diver… 6.5k EUR list price (though admittedly in titanium). Doesn’t really compare favorably with a Tudor Pelagos with the same movement 😵‍💫

A Monaco 917 Living Legend would be a cool idea.

Bright Red dial. Three pristine White stripes around the circular element of the dial and the indices. White subdials and White circular date window with the font for the date matching that used on the car. Potsche lettering above date window in White with a White stripe starting either side of the lettering. White hands.

Or maybe Carbon for the corners outside of the circular centre dial, with Carbon indices and hands maybe. 😀

Rob promised me a 57mm fully transparent Heuer branded Calibre 5 Ford Focus with diamonds and carry bag strap. With LEDs. And a calculator.

Rob promised me a 57mm fully transparent Heuer branded Calibre 5 Ford Focus with diamonds and carry bag strap. With LEDs. And a calculator.

Dude, I told you to keep it to yourself. Its under embargo.

I can think of lots of ways to make it different. I'd love to see the dial in the light Gulf blue, as in this concept I did a few years ago. Note the Gulf-Porsche logo.
Yes! 👍

Jesus, I'm soooo bored, can we just get some watches released already?

S

So does the AR Super-Diver… 6.5k EUR list price (though admittedly in titanium). Doesn’t really compare favorably with a Tudor Pelagos with the same movement 😵‍💫
S

Actually the solid gold aqua racers have a AMT/Sellita movement still cosc but with an 80 hour power reserve, honestly if the two tone models had the same movement I would have jump at the opportunity to grab one

After Omegas lacklustre release yesterday come on TH show us these in house 3 hand Aquaracers

S

That’s the one I was thinking of. I actually had no idea the gold aquaracers had one!

Actually the solid gold aqua racers have a AMT/Sellita movement still cosc but with an 80 hour power reserve, honestly if the two tone models had the same movement I would have jump at the opportunity to grab one
A sellita with 80 hours of power reserve?

Any more rumours/ wish list for the event? Need to new watch eye candy to get through this tough January.

Nuthin. I even tried Googling random part numbers yesterday to see if there was some leaky Chinese website photos...