2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

Congrats @Hubert! 👍👍
I just ordered the KITH Hawaii t-shirt to go with my old school Hawaii (aka Ukyo Katayama).

and thus the cross branding works

Congrats @Hubert! 👍👍
I just ordered the KITH Hawaii t-shirt to go with my old school Hawaii (aka Ukyo Katayama).
Thanks! I've got one of those on order too. 👍
upload_2024-5-6_11-20-11.png

And one of these
upload_2024-5-6_11-20-50.png

Congrats Hubert. Didn't get any luck in of my draws. That's my cue to delete the account and the app.
I was expecting to only get one, so it was a nice surprise when my top two choices were selected.

and thus the cross branding works
Nah, the branding is still what I dislike most about the watches. The originals will always have my heart, they have tremendous provenance that the new ones can never match.

Regardless, I think it's cool that TAG Heuer actually made a near 1x1 faithful reissue for once. The shirt is a fun and inexpensive way for me to connect the old with the new. The shirts use old adverts from the '80s/'90s recreated with the KITH models.

Through the first 90 minutes, I'm thrilled with this watch!!

Hoping that others in the community will also enjoy theirs!!

Jeff

01_F2002.JPG 02_F2003.JPG 03_F1996.JPG

20240506_111937.jpg
Hawaii.jpg

A visit to the KITH Boutique proved fruitful. I've joined the Hawaii club. Just couldn't resist getting it to pair with my Ukyo Katayama. The quality of the new one is definitely a step up compared to the original. Quite happy with it.

20240506_111937.jpg
Hawaii.jpg

A visit to the KITH Boutique proved fruitful. I've joined the Hawaii club. Just couldn't resist getting it to pair with my Ukyo Katayama. The quality of the new one is definitely a step up compared to the original. Quite happy with it.
Nice! Happy for you. They’re fraternal twins.

20240506_111937.jpg
Hawaii.jpg

Glad you got what you wanted!

20240506_111937.jpg
Hawaii.jpg

Congratulations!! You make an important point -- the quality of the new Formula 1 seems better than the quality of the 1980s version. The minute I picked up the new model, with the PVD-coated stainless steel, I knew that it was a keeper. When I visited the Boutique, I was wearing one of the old ones from the 1980s, and the build of the new one seems to be significantly better.

In so many instances we worry about re-issues reflecting compromises in terms of the build quality, but this one is definitely built!!

Enjoy yours!!

I just received an email from TH announcing the Kith/Heuer collaboration and that the official "launch is now".

I'm hoping this was pre-programmed mass marketing, because I'm not interested in the hype and can't wait for it to die down.

Thanks so much @Jemagloh, @Anthony.R, @Ara, @Hubert and @Jeff Stein!

Congratulations!! You make an important point -- the quality of the new Formula 1 seems better than the quality of the 1980s version. The minute I picked up the new model, with the PVD-coated stainless steel, I knew that it was a keeper. When I visited the Boutique, I was wearing one of the old ones from the 1980s, and the build of the new one seems to be significantly better.

In so many instances we worry about re-issues reflecting compromises in terms of the build quality, but this one is definitely built!!

Enjoy yours!!
I noticed this difference with the TAG exclusive steel PVD models compared to the plastic originals. But I was quite pleased to find that the new KITH exclusives also feel more premium, even though the cases are Arnite. It seems like a higher tech & quality version compared to the stuff used in the '80s/'90s and it feels harder too. The new rubber strap is big improvement over the plastic strap, very comfortable.

Did the TAG Boutiques exclusives come with the special collectors' book @Jeff Stein?

The books is a very nice bonus, not sure if it's a KITH exclusive or not. It's sort of like a mini softbound version of the Carrera 60th - Race Never Stops book. The TAG Heuer | KITH F1 book is also by Nicholas Biebuyck. I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet, but it seems very well done. Kudos to Nicholas & TAG Heuer. 👍
Five chapters:
1. Motorsports
2. History of the original TAG Heuer Formula1 Collection
3. The Archive (Similar to the Carrera book, it shows every historical reference of the OG F1)
4. TAG Heuer | KITH
5. The Collection (Showing all the new KITH models, including the box set)
A few pics:
Motorsports.jpg
History of the F1.jpg
Archives.jpg
Kith.jpg Collection.jpg

Congrats!

20240506_111937.jpg
Hawaii.jpg

Someone made an interesting point on IG about the F1 watches stating, possibly rhetorically, what design elements did KITH provide to the watch to warrant the significant change from a TAG Heuer to KITH Heuer shield? If it's a faithful 1 to 1 reproduction, then not much obviously besides the vertical lines (maybe) and the Kith & Kin / Just Us text. While TAG stated it was "fun" and "cool" it does seem they kind of played "fast and loose" with their historical brand--don't think you would see Rolex or Patek change their logos, ever. But as Mspeedster and Jeff have stated previously, this watch wasn't made for the traditional TH collector.

And regardless, the watches are going like hotcakes and look to be very nice quality so, I'm sure TH & KITH are happy!

Nah, the branding is still what I dislike most about the watches. The originals will always have my heart, they have tremendous provenance that the new ones can never match.

Regardless, I think it's cool that TAG Heuer actually made a near 1x1 faithful reissue for once. The shirt is a fun and inexpensive way for me to connect the old with the new. The shirts use old adverts from the '80s/'90s recreated with the KITH models.

Thanks so much @Jemagloh, @Anthony.R, @Ara, @Hubert and @Jeff Stein!

I noticed this difference with the TAG exclusive steel PVD models compared to the plastic originals. But I was quite pleased to find that the new KITH exclusives also feel more premium, even though the cases are Arnite. It seems like a higher tech & quality version compared to the stuff used in the '80s/'90s and it feels harder too. The new rubber strap is big improvement over the plastic strap, very comfortable.

Did the TAG Boutiques exclusives come with the special collectors' book @Jeff Stein?

The books is a very nice bonus, not sure if it's a KITH exclusive or not. It's sort of like a mini softbound version of the Carrera 60th - Race Never Stops book. The TAG Heuer | KITH F1 book is also by Nicholas Biebuyck. I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet, but it seems very well done. Kudos to Nicholas & TAG Heuer. 👍
Five chapters:
1. Motorsports
2. History of the original TAG Heuer Formula1 Collection
3. The Archive (Similar to the Carrera book, it shows every historical reference of the OG F1)
4. TAG Heuer | KITH
5. The Collection (Showing all the new KITH models, including the box set)
A few pics:
Motorsports.jpg
History of the F1.jpg
Archives.jpg
Kith.jpg Collection.jpg

Here's a link to the PDF of the book . . . it's a nice history of the first generation Formula 1 watches (circa 1986) and also tells the story of the TAG Heuer / Kith collaboration --

http://www.onthedash.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/TAG-Heuer-Kith-2024.pdf

It's OK for readers here to see the book, but please don't distribute this link widely, etc.

Jeff

Congrats!
Thanks @matthew_VA!
Someone made an interesting point on IG about the F1 watches stating, possibly rhetorically, what design elements did KITH provide to the watch to warrant the significant change from a TAG Heuer to KITH Heuer shield? If it's a faithful 1 to 1 reproduction, then not much obviously besides the vertical lines (maybe) and the Kith & Kin / Just Us text. While TAG stated it was "fun" and "cool" it does seem they kind of played "fast and loose" with their historical brand--don't think you would see Rolex or Patek change their logos, ever. But as Mspeedster and Jeff have stated previously, this watch wasn't made for the traditional TH collector.

And regardless, the watches are going like hotcakes and look to be very nice quality so, I'm sure TH & KITH are happy!
Seems like TAG Heuer is strategically targeting the KITH demographic. It might not really be about what design elements Ronnie Fieg contributed, but more about TAG getting the keys to Ronnie's kingdom that justified the logo change.

I'm just happy they made these. If they're very successful, I can easily foresee TAG doing more versions of it. Just like Swatch x Omega are doing.
Edited: