Forums Latest Members

2024 KITH Heuer Formula 1 re-issue quartz watches

1. paysdoufs

paysdoufs May 1, 2024

Aha (You need to imagine it being said with a snobbish “Old Europe” undertone)…

Shane paradis and dtf like this.
  2. paysdoufs

paysdoufs May 1, 2024

And rightfully so…

Mspeedster likes this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 1, 2024

Cool, I had all those except the Navy and Cream one....

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 1, 2024

The irony of all this is that I've been wanting TAG to do "faithful" reissues since forever. Finally, as near as close as possible, even using the original schematics and molds for the case, but with one fatal flaw. Why oh why did they have to brand it KITH Heuer?! :mad:

Yet, I'm still toying with the idea of getting a clone to pair with one of my originals. Will wait to see them in person to decide on whether to pursue this crazy idea any further.

5. paysdoufs

paysdoufs May 1, 2024

Maybe if you combine KITH apparel and TH eyewear that does the trick? :p

6. Ara

Ara May 1, 2024

It’s certainly interesting how the brand doesn’t want to do recreations of the past but they just basically and pretty faithfully recreated the past but with a logo twist.

Yago likes this.
  7. paysdoufs

paysdoufs May 1, 2024

Makes total sense to me that the box set is yet another 20% more expensive :thumbsup:

bpsmith and Aquagraph like this.
  8. paysdoufs

paysdoufs May 1, 2024

So, less expensive than the non-cobranded KITH sweat pants… :D

Edited May 1, 2024
  9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 1, 2024

Britt is spot on with her view of this watch. With well played clips of Biver talking about TAG's audacity to slap TAG in front of Heuer and now they've done it again. Biver: "TAG is number 1 in confusion", too funny.

The poor girl just bought a classic F1 too, with no knowledge of this coming release. Which seems to have upset her more than anything else.

drockadam and Aquagraph like this.
  10. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 1, 2024

drockadam likes this.
  11. paysdoufs

paysdoufs May 1, 2024

= le mot de la fin :thumbsup:

From a personal PoV I’d just add that even if I was interested (which I am not due to the small size) I wouldn’t queue up to play the FOMO game. I’m probably just too old for that kind of (IMHO) nonsense.

bpsmith, Aquagraph and dtf like this.
  12. paysdoufs

paysdoufs May 1, 2024

This is obviously simply illegal in the EU…

And their return practices have already earned them some “rave reviews” on Google Maps for their Paris outlet :whistling:

dtf and Jim Dollares like this.
  13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 1, 2024

Yes, distance selling rules. But if you go to a boutique you don't have the same rights...

14. paysdoufs

paysdoufs May 1, 2024

The “watchosphere” is certainly jumping on the hype train…

15. Jemagloh

Jemagloh May 1, 2024

I received an email from TAG Heuer about these. I noted the following in the email: "For the first time in its history, TAG Heuer fuses its insignia with a partner’s logo on the dial, rubber strap, and caseback."

Hopefully, it is also the last time in history that TH "fuses its insignia" with a partner. :cautious:

Including KITH on the dial is one thing (that is somewhat expected with collaborations, and we have seen that with Bamford and the recent GMT Carrera), but changing TAG to KITH is going too far IMHO.

16. Mspeedster

Mspeedster May 1, 2024

Here's a non-watch site's view on these KITH F1s:
    The '90s Tag Heuer F1 Watch Is Back To Cash In On Your Nostalgia (jalopnik.com)

I like how the author ends things. LOL :rolleyes:
    --
    If I see one of these on your wrist, I’ll probably admire it, though on the inside I’ll probably also make note that you’re an easy mark. You’ll forever be filed away in my brain as someone I could run an easy scam on. Keep that in mind.
    --

McBeardy, RockBurner and drockadam like this.
  17. Yago

Yago May 2, 2024

I think this is genius. Love this release.
    Won’t buy one as it’s not meant for me.
    We often debated about a relaunch in the past. Perhaps as a cheap and funky smartwatch. We know TH doesn’t do faithful re-editions and rightly so as it doesn’t match their avant garde dna. Anyone who wants an original, there are plenty of good ones for sale at reasonable cost.
    I think this is a clever way to do a faithful re-edition without actually doing one. Tapping into a young demographic while at it. My son, who’s very much into streetwear, immediately strapped on his F1 again that I gave him years ago.
    Loads of nasty comments online mostly about the high price. No worries, these will sell out fast.
    Omega was getting crap over diluting the brand with a cheap plastic quartz watch. Tag is now getting crap over overpricing a plastic quartz watch. Watch people are the worst.
    Omega can sell a cheap plastic quartz based on an expensive Speedmaster for a 250 euro. It will turn out TAG can sell an expensive plastic quartz based on a cheap plastic quartz for 1500 euro. TAG Heuer for the win.

Ara likes this.
  18. Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein May 2, 2024

19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph May 2, 2024

I'm actually not unhappy with the price. The problem is the watch is 'perceived' as plastic, even though though the ones TAG are selling are steel. It wouldn't make any sense at all to price them under £500 as people wish, it would just make everything else look stupidly overpriced. The general appearance is okay too and according to ABTW they are better made than the originals.

Honestly if it was say 38mm and TAG Heuer branded, I probably would have bought one.

paysdoufs, bpsmith, Rsf and 4 others like this.
  20. Pumpupthejam

Pumpupthejam May 2, 2024

As soon as I saw Ronnie’s video few weeks ago I knew something was coming but I was not expecting a collaboration with Kith to be fair.
    Now when they announced the collaboration I was really excited and was expecting like a proper re-release of the OGs somehow, which is not exactly what has been made here. Some of the colorways are off, and I don’t like the Kith over branding, the JustUs or the striped dials.

on top of that I feel that the retail price is extremely expensive for what it is.

knowing Tag surely this collection is a way to taste the waters and see if there’s demand to hopefully retro the original ones. Their announcement kind of say that too.

now hopefully the fact that these comes out make us be able to order replacement pieces more easily.Straps were discontinued and I’ve never been able to find a new bezel unless on eBay from time to time if lucky.