2023 TAG Heuer Monaco Night Driver (CBL2181)

From what I understand through the process I went with customizing a Speedmaster, it comes down to the finish on the underlying metal. Polished = shiny and polished look, brushed = matte look
But the stainless steel Monacos all have parts of the case polished, like the lugs. Yet the DLC versions, like the Hourglass, are all Matte finish.

I called the only boutique up here and inquired, they didn’t even know about it! Ah well, keeps my boy bits safe from her indoors wrath.

But the stainless steel Monacos all have parts of the case polished, like the lugs. Yet the DLC versions, like the Hourglass, are all Matte finish.
And it's not just shiny, it's a mirror polish.

Right, but watches can have different finishes on different surfaces and the DLC will reflect that. Look at the bezel around the crystal on the Night Driver for instance - it's brushed.
Polished DLC tends to have an almost liquid, mirrorlike appearance.

Only time will tell if TAG's process can't hold up, but I highly doubt they'll have any issues.

If the Dark Lord Tribute and the Monaco Titan were lucky charms for Max, I think the Night Driver will never find it's way on Max's wrists after todays defeat 😝

If the Dark Lord Tribute and the Monaco Titan were lucky charms for Max, I think the Night Driver will never find it's way on Max's wrists after todays defeat 😝
They've already positioned Checo as the Night Driver in this video. LOL 🙄

No. 002/600 available in Harrods right now. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Only wish I hadn't blown my money this year already 🙁

It's still available to ADD TO CART on the US website. An indication to me that the price is a bit too high. If it had been a bit more reasonable, I think it would've sold out faster. Like the green and purple Monacos, which were also limited to 600.

Still, it's probably my second favorite release of 2023, after the 60th Anniversary Heuer Carrera.

It's still available to ADD TO CART on the US website. An indication to me that the price is a bit too high. If it had been a bit more reasonable, I think it would've sold out faster. Like the green and purple Monacos, which were also limited to 600.

Still, it's probably my second favorite release of 2023, after the 60th Anniversary Heuer Carrera.

I've noticed that, too. The Racing Blue Calibre 11 Monaco is also still available on the US website. It is priced similarly to the Night Driver (although there are 1000 available rather than 600).

I've noticed that, too. The Racing Blue Calibre 11 Monaco is also still available on the US website. It is priced similarly to the Night Driver (although there are 1000 available rather than 600).
I really like the Racing Blue as well. Both titanium models are well done (IMHO). It's just the price. The dark one is still tempting me, sigh... 🤔

I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger if it was for $8000 - but with me being in UK it's a bit difficult managing the watch in the US. The watch itself is genuine, no. 056/600.

Another Night Driver on sale for less than £7000 in Japan, on C24. The watch is still available online also. Clearly it's not a fast moving piece with people dumping too