2023 TAG Heuer Monaco Cal 11 Lime - CAW218C.FC6548

Hi guys, making a new thread for the new Monaco released today.

ikea-logo-design-4-e1556179835436.jpg

I thought TH will slowly discontinue Calibre 11..
Never stop milking the cow as long as there’s still life in it… 😉

Apparently it is blue because of French racing drivers.... the lime colour is because?

Apparently it is blue because of French racing drivers.... the lime colour is because?
Is it lime?
The stitching on the travel case is yellow and the box has Yellow edging.

Surely TAG should be telling us the relevance of the green. Surely some French racing driver in the 1960s had green shoelaces or something?

I thought TH will slowly discontinue Calibre 11..

This is the only Cal 11 model this year.

the lime colour is because?
Is it lime?

It's a yellow-green, not quite lime but definitely not yellow.

I have been told that it 'evokes the color of Porsche brake calipers' which are the same color on the Taycan and e-Hybrid models. (Weak link I know, but whatev)

Live shots:

It's actually kinda nice in person, the colors don't clash as much as expected. They're more pastel-like and muted and it works. Like the Titan before it I do love the sandblasted titanium case.

The price in the US is $9200 which is just jaw-dropping... We'll see how well it sells.

There’s no contrast color whatsoever running down the center of the hour and minute hand? Methinks that’s quite rare for recent Monacos, no? 👎

Love the blue. wish they would have incorporated some into the hands to make them a little more contrasting.

I also find it interesting/confusing that the dial is Monaco "Heuer" but yet the skipper had "Tag Heuer"...

Is it lime?
I was told by a boutique that it's called French Racing Blue. The Website calls it Racing Blue.

I think one of the mods needs to change the title of this thread, it's definitely not what I'd call lime, which is more green.

Edited:

I like it, but certainly not willing to spend anything close to $9200 for it.

A few pics from my try on.