2023 Monaco releases

Copying this from the dedicated thread to keep everything 2023 Monaco related in one place.

Went into Oxford Street boutique to check it out. I really like it, but I don't think I love it compared to the other Monaco watches I have in my collection. Bugatti used to race in F1 using that colour back in the day. Might be just a coincidence, but if you're looking for some tenuous historical connection, this does mark the 90th Anniversay the last time Bugatti won the Monaco grand prix by Achille Varzi in a Bugatti Type 51.
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-28 at 10.15.22.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-28 at 15.01.32.jpg
PXL_20230728_182333481.jpg
PXL_20230728_182052666.jpg
Edited:

^ I still haven't ruled-out getting one, at some point. Just not right now.

Copying this from the dedicated thread to keep everything 2023 Monaco related in one place.

Went into Oxford Street boutique to check it out. I really liked it, but I don't think I love it compared to the other Monaco watches I have in my collection. Bugatti used to race in F1 using that colour back in the day. Might be just a coincidence, but if you're looking for some tenuous historical connection, this does mark the 90th Anniversay the last time Bugatti won the Monaco grand prix (Achille Varzi in a Bugatti Type 51).
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-28 at 10.15.22.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-28 at 15.01.32.jpg
PXL_20230728_182333481.jpg
PXL_20230728_182052666.jpg
I feel the same. It might be my favorite Monaco release of 2023, but the price is too high for me. Also there's the rumored Night Driver that's coming in the fall. Looking forward to seeing that one in the metal.

I feel the same. It might be my favorite Monaco release of 2023, but the price is too high for me. Also there's the rumored Night Driver that's coming in the fall. Looking forward to seeing that one in the metal.

Price aside (because inevitably they are going to continue to increase prices) this is a stunning watch. I did find myself almost purchasing it, but that was influenced by the FOMO of it being a limited edition. Personally, I have to try and create a connection to the watch beyond the aesthetic to justify a purchase, particularly as I already have the following Monaco in my collection:
The OG: Steve McQueen (2015 semi faithful re-issue)
The end of the original Monaco era: Dark Lord (2022 re-imagining)
Rebirth: Tron (2023 Skeletonised Turquoise)

I purchased the Tron on the spot because both my wife & I absolutely loved the aesthetic, but I have to admit I felt uneasy wearing it to begin with. It took a week before I could make a connection and since then I couldn't be happier, it's a great casual summer watch freed from confirming to the past, and anyone that sees it in the flesh has complimented me on it. This is all of course entirely personal, because if I was rich enough I probably wouldn't have struggled trying to justify purchasing it in the first place, and the same could be said about the Racing Blue Monaco, because based on aesthetics it's a stunning fun watch. If/when the Night Driver does come out (which looks like will be TAG Heuer 02 rather than a Heuer Calibre 11) I'll have to rethink my way of justifying it's addition to my collection.

Can’t find the thread for it so I’ll put this here, one of the guys I follow on IG has apparently bought a Monaco Boutique edition and has had @plibou make a strap for it!

IMG_2569.png

Can’t find the thread for it so I’ll put this here, one of the guys I follow on IG has apparently bought a Monaco Boutique edition and has had @plibou make a strap for it!

IMG_2569.png
I follow the same guy, and every time he posts his Monaco pic I think my phone screen has turned on some sepia filter. I just can't digest those subdials.

You can just imagine the confusion when one gets sold and it states it’s from a smoke free home. lol

I follow the same guy, and every time he posts his Monaco pic I think my phone screen has turned on some sepia filter. I just can't digest those subdials.

Yeah it does have a little bit of an odd look. Especially considering vintage 1133s have not often aged like that in the subdials.

Never saw him post his own before

IMG_2569.png

Wow, that is.... something.