2023 Monaco releases

New (heavily marketed) releases like this always have their initial hype though don’t they? Maybe these people haven’t been told the price yet!
I am curious how successful, commercially ,the new monacos fair because i have seen a uptick in intrest for TAG skeleton watches but at the same time,i had access to zenith defy skeleton and the same people, although they love it, would not pull the trigger at those price point and now TAG is bringing back skeltons but at those same price point that made people hesitate.

With all that said, the all black with blue accents, the lume ,date window...if i happen to inherit a fortune, i would not mind parting ways with some of it for that
I didn't mean people keep coming in asking for these particular watches, I realise it read that way. But no they meant generally people always ask for skeleton watches. Plus they have 5 people on the list for the skeleton Monacos...[/Q
iece
New (heavily marketed) releases like this always have their initial hype though don’t they? Maybe these people haven’t been told the price yet!

Max and Checo both got custom Monacos.

20230527_155554.jpg

Never Give Up
20230527_155743.jpg

I think Checo has the Monaco track on the rear as well. Saw him talking about it somewhere.

I think Checo has the Monaco track on the rear as well. Saw him talking about it somewhere.
Yes.
track.jpg
I think both watches have the track on the back.
Max's Titan & Dark Lord have the track, so I assume his skeleton does as well.
Edited:

My AD is excited to get the Monaco skeletons in a couple of weeks
All 3 models are (still) available online for purchase. I honestly think that people buying this watch are mostly after the hype and won't wait for an AD to stock these - so might go down the online shop route. Of course, seasoned buyers (like most of us here) would still want to buy from the AD to maintain that relationship, which is much more important than some early IG new watch alert post.

All 3 models are (still) available online for purchase. I honestly think that people buying this watch are mostly after the hype and won't wait for an AD to stock these - so might go down the online shop route. Of course, seasoned buyers (like most of us here) would still want to buy from the AD to maintain that relationship, which is much more important than some early IG new watch alert post.
Yeah, I noticed all three are available.

I was quite enamoured with these when I saw them, but the pricing is a bit toppy. At £10k the black really needs to be a full ceramic case IMO - not coated titanium. Omega have been punting out very nicely finished ceramic cases/ pushers/ crowns for years at less than that price point (the omega Apollo 8 being a case in point). That would make it something worth considering at 10k imo.

the 2 others need to be somewhere nearer the 7k mark for me.

If they were, I might have bought the blue, and I still might once these hit pre-owned markets - or if they hit my AD and I could wangle a 15-20% discount.
Edited:

Why did perez get the nice looking one damn it :rolleyes:

Because he is going to be 2023 WDC. And if you believe that, you must be Mexican.

I mean, changing out a strap is super easy

I guess if you have enough money to pay €10,850 for a watch, then another few hundred euros to change the strap isn't an issue...

I guess if you have enough money to pay €10,850 for a watch, then another few hundred euros to change the strap isn't an issue...

This would probably look all right on a $10 rubber strap too though

This would probably look all right on a $10 rubber strap too though
True, actually a rubber strap like the microtimer one would have been cool

Because it has Mercedes-AMG Petronas colors.:confused: Max's watch matches RedBull better. :)
I think they were going for a Tiffany blue color. Regardless, it's still my least favorite of the three.
upload_2023-5-28_18-10-32.png

After seeing all the Monaco pics at the Monaco GP over the weekend, it occurred to me that these skeletons have a Richard Mille like wrist presence, especially when viewed from afar. I guess this is a good thing if one likes the look of Richard Mille. Even though these skeletons are not for me, I hope they do well for TAG.
20230529_083846.jpg

I've also kind of changed my mind about the blue. Although I might not like its looks the best, if I were to buy one, it would probably be the blue. Just because of its color connection to the original 1133b McQueen. Plus it certainly won't hurt if Max wins his 3rd WDC with the blue on wrist for the rest of the year.

My AD said they had another 4 enquiries today, making 9 in total.... so maybe not such a dead loss after all!

How about the blue skeleton Monaco changed with a black strap? It would look nearer the SMQ Monaco from afar ;)

My AD is excited to get the Monaco skeletons in a couple of weeks, they said customers love skeletons and pretty much every day people come in asking for them. Which is odd because I thought everyone hated them? Except me, obviously.
If you look and compare a skeleton Carrera vs a skeleton Monaco, I’d probably lean more to the skeleton Monaco since it’s innate design has always been “to be eye catchy” whereas the core elements of the Carrera is what JH initially intended.. clean & clear design and yet still highly functional :thumbsup: