2023 Monaco Las Vegas Grand Prix LE CAW211AD

No bracelet compartment, just the owners manual cutout space
Just to make sure, I wasn't referring to the area where the owners manual are placed. But rather the bracelet compartment shown in this pic of the Autavia box. It doesn't exist inside the Vegas box under the TAG Heuer plaque's layer?
1696579-02f6b7aa67a9f90264d19c6fce80d7ba.jpg
Because if TH went to the trouble of removing this compartment, I'm even more disappointed they didn't do more to tailor the box. The plaque that was added suspiciously looks like a quick & dirty way to cover up the "Autavia" embossment. The plaque should've at least had Las Vegas Grand Prix or something like that, rather than TAG Heuer.

I guess they figured they could sell more of the Night Driver worldwide, but it would have made a whole lot more sense for sure!
No, that's not what I meant. Early in the year I was told the Night Driver was going to be released at the timing of the Las Vegas GP. But not as a 23 piece LE, I think it would've been the same 600 pieces or very similar.

But it seemed that the plan changed to release the ND earlier at the Singapore GP. I'm guessing that rather than leave LV empty handed, they came up with this lazy effort instead.

Right yes. By the way I presume the insert in the Autavia box is double sided then? One side Autavia if there's no extra bracelet..

By the way I presume the insert in the Autavia box is double sided then? One side Autavia if there's no extra bracelet..
I'm not sure, but it seems that way based on @YG_Rulz's description. Like you can pull the whole thing out and flip it over if you want to use the bracelet compartment. Or if that's not the case, maybe the top layer can be removed to reveal the compartment underneath.

From photo's I've seen it looks like it's double sided..

Here you go. The Autavia box insert back and front. I had bought this box so know about it first hand

In general I agree with the consensus here. Lazy execution, mismatched branding, poor package selection, high price. I'm not surprised that this watch sold out but that was purely because of the FOMO effect. I'm confident that none of the buyers of the watch are genuine TAG fans who are aware about the Monaco models and the brand's/model's history. I will not be surprised if we start seeing more of these LV LE Monacos out for sale at flipper rates.

Personally if I had the money to spend on an upcycled 211C, I'd track down and buy the China LE version (CAW211AC) rather than this inbred mutilation.
Edited:

Are there any actual differences between CAW211C CAW211AC and CAW211D aside from the backs?

Are there any actual differences between CAW211C CAW211AC and CAW211D aside from the backs?
No difference on the dial or case that I've been able to spot. The boxes and straps are all different of course.

I'd still go for a pre-owned original for thousands less, then swap on the China strap. Plus the original has an ETA based C11 movement, rather than Selitta.

On that note I have a dealer friend selling the OG 211C here in UK for £4000. Recently TAG serviced. I still think its a high price for the watch, but better than the "imposters"

On that note I have a dealer friend selling the OG 211C here in UK for £4000. Recently TAG serviced. I still think its a high price for the watch, but better than the "imposters"
I've seen them listed for cheaper than that in the past. Rather than imposters, I think of the new ones as extremely faithful re-issues. LOL. If only TAG would do their vintage Heuer re-issues as faithfully executed as these... 🙄

I've seen them listed for cheaper than that in the past. Rather than imposters, I think of the new ones as extremely faithful re-issues. LOL. If only TAG would do their vintage Heuer re-issues as faithfully executed as these... 🙄
Agreed. I bought 2x 211C in the last 12 months - one for £2700 (with a defective chrono) and the other for £2500 (no issues). If I had known that these would become inspiration for the re-issue, I would've never sold the good one

So that LV LE on C24 got sold!!! I think the last price I saw was US$14,000.

A sucker born every minute ....

Monaco LV LE sale brochure pages. I like how they are trying to get people excited about the dial :whipped:

Monaco LV LE sale brochure pages. I like how they are trying to get people excited about the dial :whipped:
🤦 They used the CAW211C (left) on their brochure (middle), instead of the CAW211AD (right).

They did use the correct orange-Chrono-hand on the subgraphics.

🤦 They used the CAW211C (left) on their brochure (middle), instead of the CAW211AD (right).

They did use the correct orange-Chrono-hand on the subgraphics.

Oh so there was a difference! Hahaha