2023 Heuertime Abel Court black Monaco limited edition

His first endeavour was the 'Abeltavia' modification of the Viceroy Autavia, which received a lot of press in 2016, including from Hodinkee

discommon-autavia-hodinkee-01.jpg

Wow! TH need to hire him to design watches.

Just logged for the first time in ages, and I see this! Made my smile!

Lovely stuff!

Although I still prefer mine 😝😝

Of course, mine was purely as a homage to my personally owned 74033 and sought to retain the silver crown, pushers and case back, and maybe attempts to replicate the colour of the sub-hands a bit more closely.

Just for the record, I knew absolutely nothing about AC's project (not sure if I started mine before AC embarked on his), and I honestly doubt that he knew anything about mine (unless he is an avid reader here) - just coincidence I would say.

I applaud his excellent work and, if I didnt own my 74033 and my homage, I would be first in line for his!

Congrats @abcoro on this wonderful project, this Monaco is killer.

Congrats also to @Yago for being able to pick one up! Although I think your quartz Porsche doesn't fit this badass Monaco very well, but perfect match for your vintage mechanical Porsche.

Haha thanks Jim 😜
The Taycan is not even quartz, more of a smartcar 🤦

Would have loved to see a number on the outer case too, just so it's clear when looking at it that it's the one done by Abel and not someone else. Very very cool though, I doubt I can afford it right now but have to see!
Well well...eventually, I decided to put an external number on it after all. Internal engraving will remain...but external there will be something too now. Obviously @Yago will need to pay additionally if he wants that option, he's used to tick options boxes with Porsche so this will feel normal for him... 😁

@Yago paid me a visit yesterday and I had the pleasure of seeing this watch in person. All I can say is it was absolutely fabulous - very very cool. Anyone buying one (and I wish I could) will have a very special piece.

Is there any link with @Monaco_Lover 's Dark Lord homage project that he embarked on last year? When I first saw the post on IG I thought it was him only highlighting his watch. Seems kind of a rip-off if a personal project was seen as an "inspiration" for commercial gains without @Monaco_Lover 's acknowledgement.

https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/...roject-help-needed.148277/page-2#post-2065846
Thank you for your constructive comment.

Now if this was 5 years ago, I would have written a reply immediately...but I prefer to let the dust settle these days...before I reply.

I respect your view and way of thoughts. But choice of words is important.

Anyway, I also have warm water running out of the tap here at home...not that I invented it...but...

With all my respect to the hommage PVD Monaco that @Monaco_Lover created...the world is big enough for all of us, I think.

And I would not have the least issue if another person would do exactly the same as I did with such a CS2110 Monaco to be frank...I would even take it as a compliment. Fact is...the ones coming from my hands are limited and I am 100% happy with the quality and final result, executed with pride and passion.

All the best,
abel.

Just logged for the first time in ages, and I see this! Made my smile!

Lovely stuff!

Although I still prefer mine 😝😝

Of course, mine was purely as a homage to my personally owned 74033 and sought to retain the silver crown, pushers and case back, and maybe attempts to replicate the colour of the sub-hands a bit more closely.

Just for the record, I knew absolutely nothing about AC's project (not sure if I started mine before AC embarked on his), and I honestly doubt that she knew anything about mine (unless he is an avid reader here) - just coincidence I would say.

I applaud his excellent work and, if I didnt own my 74033 and my homage, I would be first in line for his!

I love what you did to your CS2110 @Monaco_Lover ! It's not as easy as it seems, of course this, what we did with modding a standard CS2110, seems very simple and straightforward...but when done with precision and detail...it takes quite some skill and knowledge. At least that's what I know now with doing mine.

Love the original PVD Monaco (I hate the "Dark Lord" nickname though), had 5 of them in the last 2 decades...last one was taken out of my hands by the TAG Heuer museum as they wanted to buy it for their archives. Still regret that. Your PVD Monaco seems to be in exceptional condition as well, what a beautiful piece of Heuer history!

Few months ago @Yago was visiting me here, and when I showed him my "AC Signature" Monaco...he showed me yours on this forum indeed...so I was quite surprised in a way indeed. Hadn't seen it before...

My project started out of the love for the, apparently, asymmetrical dial layout of the CS2110. Like we know from the Caliber 15 Monaco, which remains my absolute favorite watch until today. Also the one that ignited my love for Heuer! Obviously your trigger was the original PVD Monaco...

Wear them in good health,
abel.

Well well...eventually, I decided to put an external number on it after all. Internal engraving will remain...but external there will be something too now. Obviously @Yago will need to pay additionally if he wants that option, he's used to tick options boxes with Porsche so this will feel normal for him... 😁
Hahaha

Can I pay in old straps?
Only if they smell like Corfam...or a wet cellar with fungus...

@Yago paid me a visit yesterday and I had the pleasure of seeing this watch in person. All I can say is it was absolutely fabulous - very very cool. Anyone buying one (and I wish I could) will have a very special piece.
You saw @Yago? I’m jealous.

😁
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Ara, Adam and Charlie over the past years. Will see Adam again in NYC in June.
Unfortunately our train got seriously delayed yesterday so the meet-up with Charlie was rather late… a very warm welcome nonetheless. Hope to revisit at some point.

Abel Court has just released his newest project -- nine samples of a "customized" version of the very first TAG Heuer Monaco, from 1997. Abel calls it the "AC Signature Monaco", but I suspect that "MonaCourt" will prove to be popular as a nickname.

Here's my posting introducing the AC Signature Monaco -- Introducing the “AC Signature” Monaco, by Abel Court. I include loads of photos of the newest Monaco, as well as some of the vintage predecessors (Autavias and Monacos).

My bottom line -- a brilliant new watch created by one of the most respected watchmakers / collectors / enthusiasts in the Heuer community.

Jeff

I saw this again on Insta and Onthedash this morning. It's a fabulous watch. Still really want one of these after I saw Yago's earlier in the year.

Loving the colour coded date wheel signifying the number of the limited edition.

Now who came up with that idea I wonder?