2022 TAG Heuer Monaco SE Black DLC Titanium (CBL2180) "Dark Lord Homage"

It definitely is. Very cool watch. Trumps any other Heuer or TAG Heuer at the GP

In that picture next to the Monaco Gulf, I would call it the 'Monaco John Player Special' ;), because its black and gold combo (which was not in the original Dark Lord)…
B23A7FC4-0F0E-44A3-980E-AC9DFF370A58.jpeg
Now it’s a Monaco JPS ;)

5CDD755D-B70E-4FEE-9A20-76B6117FD8C7.jpeg

Out of interest a friend of mine has some bonus money to spend & wants to get something 'luxury'. Think his current biggest purchase is the Breitling chrono sport quartz composites. Being a watch guy (me & him) we have been toying on next purchases. He does have a soft spot for IWC Portuguese's, but also had an appointment recently at Mappin & Webb to enquiry for the new Rolex Air King, - there response once he went to the appointment - was we only get 4 a year and prefer these to go to previous purchasers. Well that ended his interest.

He knows that very keen on the Monaco & has loved this new release, he has enquired on the Tag website regarding availability. Is that his best bet?

He knows that very keen on the Monaco & has loved this new release, he has enquired on the Tag website regarding availability. Is that his best bet?
If it's sold out on the website, it's best to just check the TH website regularly (like several times a day) rather than wait for an email notification. Sometimes an "out of stock" watch can just suddenly appear on the website as "available" and then be gone again in no time.

But I would suggest he call his closest TAG Boutique and see if they can get a hold of one. They have access to all stock within country and should be able to mail the watch anywhere in their given region. Not sure about international cross region ordering though.

If it's sold out on the website, it's best to just check the TH website regularly (like several times a day) rather than wait for an email notification. Sometimes an "out of stock" watch can just suddenly appear on the website as "available" and then be gone again in no time.

But I would suggest he call his closest TAG Boutique and see if they can get a hold of one. They have access to all stock within country and should be able to mail the watch anywhere in their given region. Not sure about international cross region ordering though.

Appreciate the quick response

Question to all of you: Which do you think is the better Dark Lord tribute? Carbon skeleton or Titanium rose gold?

ONLY-WATCH-2021-CARBON-MONACO-7.jpg

TAG-Heuer-Monaco-Special-Edition-Black-DLC-Titanium-CBL2180.FC6497-2022-hands-on-2.jpg

Question to all of you: Which do you think is the better Dark Lord tribute? Carbon skeleton or Titanium rose gold?

TAG-Heuer-Monaco-Special-Edition-Black-DLC-Titanium-CBL2180.FC6497-2022-hands-on-2.jpg

Personally prefer the titanium rose gold

I think Titanium rose gold is a much better Dark Lord tribute (and much better looking) than Carbon skeleton

DLC Titanium H02 for me :thumbsup:
Would’ve been perfect it was “HEUER” ;)

So far it seems like a slam dunk for the Titanium. I asked the question because I'm kind of split between the two.

Normally I don't care for skeleton watches, but the Only Watch Monaco has some advantages as a Dark Lord tribute IMHO. It has orange hands and cream hour markers, like the original. In addition, the hour markers are inside the circle, again more like the original. But the swirly carbon case, skeleton dial, and faux bracelet imprinted leather strap gives it a very different aesthetic compared to the Titanium rose gold.
TAG-Heuer-Monaco-Carbon-Only-Watch.jpeg

the Only Watch Monaco has H/M hands more reminiscent of the Autavia Orange Boy. I think the Bling Lord is closer.
I also prefer the black Ti-DLC case over the carbon look.

the Only Watch Monaco has H/M hands more reminiscent of the Autavia Orange Boy. I think the Bling Lord is closer.
I also prefer the black Ti-DLC case over the carbon look.
If you're referring to the shade of orange, it's probably more the lighting in that pic. In the side by side photo further above, the shade of orange looks very close to the original's hands to my eyes.

I do feel the Titanium is the nicer looking watch. But still not sure if it's a better tribute. If the dial of the Only Watch was a uniform black piece instead of a skeleton, I'd say it's the closer of the two.

If you're referring to the shade of orange, it's probably more the lighting in that pic. In the side by side photo further above, the shade of orange looks very close to the original's hands to my eyes.

No, I mean the hour & minute (H/M) hands. The 74033 has plain lume-filled hands; the Only Watch Monaco has hands with orange and luminous inserts that resemble the Orange Boy Autavia hands more than those on the 74033.

The new one has polished & luminous H/M hands with white tips but no inserts so they look closer to the original's.

No, I mean the hour & minute (H/M) hands. The 74033 has plain lume-filled hands; the Only Watch Monaco has hands with orange and luminous inserts that resemble the Orange Boy Autavia hands more than those on the 74033.

The new one has polished & luminous H/M hands with white tips but no inserts so they look closer to the original's.
OK, I see what you mean. But the Titanium's H/M hands aren't like the original's either, although they do provide a more similar look from that perspective.

So far it seems like a slam dunk for the Titanium. I asked the question because I'm kind of split between the two.

Normally I don't care for skeleton watches, but the Only Watch Monaco has some advantages as a Dark Lord tribute IMHO. It has orange hands and cream hour markers, like the original. In addition, the hour markers are inside the circle, again more like the original. But the swirly carbon case, skeleton dial, and faux bracelet imprinted leather strap gives it a very different aesthetic compared to the Titanium rose gold.
TAG-Heuer-Monaco-Carbon-Only-Watch.jpeg
The color is not a close match in the Only Watch skeleton. And that solid seconds subdial ruins it for me. That said, I do prefer the lumed hour markers.
upload_2022-6-3_12-46-48.png

At a distance and under certain light condions, they are remarkably close.
upload_2022-6-3_13-13-10.png

Rose gold for me too, both the skeleton Monacos look a mess to me.
And yet the Only Watch Monaco rated a COCO score of 7.4, while the rose gold Dark Lord got a 7.2. Go figure? :confused: