2020 Carrera Heuer 02T Aston Martin Limited Edition (CAR5A8E.FT6181)

Maybe we will see Tag shields on the Racing Strolls next season?

Well, I thought about that.. but I can't imagine they would do that. But is there any reason why they couldn't continue a partnership with the road car division? After all, there's already a conflict of interest with the Honda powered Red Bull... and it doesn't seem to have been a problem. In fact I don't see what Honda are getting out of their involvement in F1 at all, I bet a lot of people think the Red Bull has an Aston Martin engine as it is!

Not even at this high price point Tag bothers to make it a proper limited edition. "One out of 150" :cautious:

Not even at this high price point Tag bothers to make it a proper limited edition. "One out of 150" :cautious:

I agree. They really should be making the effort to number them individually.

I agree. They really should be making the effort to number them individually.

I think those days are long gone.
Its such a shame.

I bet a lot of people think the Red Bull has an Aston Martin engine as it is!
A Mercedes-AMG engine then, to make the Aston Martin sponsorhisp to the Honda powered RBR even more weird! :D

A Mercedes-AMG engine then, to make the Aston Martin sponsorhisp to the Honda powered RBR even more weird! :D
I see your point but how many non enthusiasts know that Aston Martin is in fact a Mercedes-AMG?

Sorry guys, not for me, even if they move the decimal point one to the left.

Are you sure? Up to now they used the term 'one of xy'. But here they seem to use arabic numbers. So maybe it's individually numbered...? 20200818_201742.jpg

Are you sure? Up to now they used the term 'one of xy'. But here they seem to use arabic numbers. So maybe it's individually numbered...? 20200818_201742.jpg

Good point, but I fear it may be wishful thinking. Maybe David knows, since he's obviously had his paws on one.

Post is live

https://www.calibre11.com/2020-tag-heuer-carrera-heuer-02t-aston-martin-edition-review-ref-car5a8e/

Whether this is the final Aston Martin edition TAG Heuer remains to be seen. Since 2018, TAG Heuer has sponsored both Aston Martin and Red Bull Racing, which has worked well given Aston Martin’s support of Red Bull Racing. However, from 2021, Aston Martin and Red Bull will split in F1, with the British marque having acquired the Racing Point team.

If it is to be the final Aston Martin TAG Heuer, then the partnership has gone out on a high, but we hope that there are ways for the relationship to continue as the new owners of Aston Martin seek to rebuild and strengthen the famous marque.

Let's hope 2021 brings more elegant livery to Racing Point + Aston Martin.

A question actually, in one of your photos there's a really close look at the brown part of the dial, it looks almost like wood grain... do we know what it's made of?

Great post David, one minor thing - UK price is actually £21,800 according to the website.
Thanks for that- must have changed at the last minute, as the doc I have has a different price. I'll check it out

Speaking of pricing, can we add the AU price please? $38,050 - should give everyone a laugh!
Edited:

Speaking of pricing, can we add the AU price please? $38,050 - should give everyone a luagh!
Done!

Surely you'd just make it $38k flat...not sure about the need for an extra pineapple*

*Australian for a $50 note

Done!

Surely you'd just make it $38k flat...not sure about the need for an extra pineapple*

*Australian for a $50 note

It was probably priced by a 'bot' that just looked up the CHF/AUD exchange rate on XE.com and then posted it to the web site.