2019 TAG Heuer Carrera Fangio (CV201AT.FC6475)

I just sent this pic to my wife, she said:
"Very nice, but how many people actually remember who he was..."
:eek:

I just sent this pic to my wife, she said:
"Very nice, but how many people actually remember who he was..."
:eek:

And she is still your wife?

Yes let's honour one of the greatest race drivers of all time with an obsolete Calibre 16 Carrera.
Can't say I'm liking the name in the bezel trend.
I'm too critical, too damn critical.

Yes let's honour one of the greatest race drivers of all time with an obsolete Calibre 16 Carrera.
Can't say I'm liking the name in the bezel trend.
I'm too critical, too damn critical.

Do you think a Fangio Heuer 02 would sell though? Surely an older gentleman goes with an older style watch. I mean, would we appreciate a Max Verstappen Monaco, really?

And she is still your wife?

Well, yeah... she has other virtues. Probably sell well in South America anyway...

That is the whole point isn't it. Whoever said tribute watches need to be over the top with lots of frills and names on bezels? From the dial you wouldn't be able to tell any Jack Heuer edition apart from a stock watch. With Tag Heuer there's usually a substantial caseback to print any tribute, autograph and limited edition information. A Max Verstappen Monaco would make a lot of sense but I would be very afraid of the outcome. Let's hope Max doesn't win Monaco too soon. I do agree it would sell A LOT less than any F1 watch and that's what it's all about, right?

That is the whole point isn't it. Whoever said tribute watches need to be over the top with lots of frills and names on bezels?
The marketing department, probably...

From the dial you wouldn't be able to tell any Jack Heuer edition apart from a stock watch. With Tag Heuer there's usually a substantial caseback to print any tribute, autograph and limited edition information.
Yes, but that's not really a good comparison. Nobody who doesn't know Heuer gives a toss about Jack Heuer, no casual watch buyer is being seduced by Jack Heuer's name on a dial.

A Max Verstappen Monaco would make a lot of sense but I would be very afraid of the outcome. Let's hope Max doesn't win Monaco too soon. I do agree it would sell A LOT less than any F1 watch and that's what it's all about, right?
I don't think it would make any sense if I'm honest... unless it was a super modern interpretation. Hmmm... I can just imagine a Red Bull Monaco with those two little bulls on the dial and a nice matt purple-blue dial.::stirthepot::

Beautiful. I have the first one, but this one is truly something.

I don't think it would make any sense if I'm honest... unless it was a super modern interpretation. Hmmm... I can just imagine a Red Bull Monaco with those two little bulls on the dial and a nice matt purple-blue dial.::stirthepot::
That does sound really nice indeed but a Max Monaco with orange dial is what we want! ::bleh:: perfectly suited with a black racing strap with orange stitching

Really like this. I'd be a buyer if it was a tad smaller.

The stripe looks like it's applied rather than printed... could be wrong but it's almost like you can see the top 'edge', it looks white, could also just be poor printing I guess!

Thanks for sharing.
Oddly, there's no price on the TH website.
Now it reads GBP 4,095 / USD 5,000 / EUR 4,550

Greg

This watch is stunning, saw it in the Oxford Street store today. Limited edition of 300 pieces, numbered on the back. The stripe is definitely more than printed, it could be applied, but a very thin material.