2018 TAG Heuer Senna Tourbillon Special Edition

Not bad. They seem to be just adding the word 'Senna' and the Senna logo in the same way to different watches. It's a bit of a 'churn em out' attitude.

A bit bland I thought. There are much nicer looking variants of this Carrera model (imho). I agree they seem to be making some ‘very small tweaks’ and slapping some varient of limited edition logo. (E.g Tokyo vs London). Must be a money spinner I guess, and Omega are just as bad, but a shame that this seems to be the trend. Would far to prefer newwr fresher models or additinal high quality vintage re-edition. But I suppose the R&D costs sre a lot higher doing that.

Not bad. They seem to be just adding the word 'Senna' and the Senna logo in the same way to different watches. It's a bit of a 'churn em out' attitude.
Yes, a bit unimaginative, but retrained and tasteful, especially when compared to its lower siblings.

I really liked that the rotor had the same colour as the bridges of the movement, making it a much more coherent look than otherwise has been the case with, at least the Heuer 02 movements!

I really liked that the rotor had the same colour as the bridges of the movement, making it a much more coherent look than otherwise has been the case with, at least the Heuer 02 movements!
Indeed a very sexy movement

I know why it isn't a very imaginative design. It's because they have just added the default red accents around the place which is what they have done quite a few other LEs/SEs.

I wish the Senna S wasn't red, but the strap looks nice. £16,000 though...

This seems to be the second available Carrera Heuer 02 without Tourbillon (after the GMT)! So we can look forward for the others, which have been teased some months ago, coming soon!?

Btw, availability seems to be restricted to some markets?
Surprised there isn't much talk of the GMT version. It has been a long time since that was unveiled.

The regular Heuer 02 Carrera can't get here soon enough...

Sorry, not my cup of tea. None of the Senna tribute watches do anything for me.

The memory of the SEL ana-digi that he famously wore during his time at Honda McLaren is just too emblazoned in my head. Now if TAG Heuer were to do a modern day re-imagining of Senna's classic watch, I'd be all over it.

Senna SEL.jpg

I really don't like the SELs on the straps, but this on a bracelet would be great.

I really don't like the SELs on the straps, but this on a bracelet would be great.

I wanted to buy a brown leather strap to go with my blue-dialled s/el Chronometer but the cost of the end lugs, strap and clasp were nearly as much as I paid for the watch (second hand) so couldn't justify it. I think it would have looked good though.

I wanted to buy a brown leather strap to go with my blue-dialled s/el Chronometer but the cost of the end lugs, strap and clasp were nearly as much as I paid for the watch (second hand) so couldn't justify it. I think it would have looked good though.

I'm not surprised to be honest... I bought a 6000 off eBay for £300, the bracelet costs more than that new.

Actually if I had to have an SEL on a strap, the Senna one is pretty cool.