2018 TAG Heuer HEUER 01 China Space Exploration "Hidden Face of the Moon" (CAR201J)

Wow! Really good looking, I love everything but the yellow touch on the pusher

Wow! Really good looking, I love everything but the yellow touch on the pusher

+1! this yellow line in the pusher makes no sense.

I believe that this is a Chinese Special Edition for the CNSA (Chinese NASA), but it's clearly available outside of China. Am I reading too much into the yellow being for the sun and the red for Mars?

I believe that this is a Chinese Special Edition for the CNSA (Chinese NASA), but it's clearly available outside of China. Am I reading too much into the yellow being for the sun and the red for Mars?
That's a good theory!

Nice looking dial. Agree that the yellow pusher accent looks a little out of place but if there is a deeper meaning, fair enough.

I'm getting a 404 error on that link Hubert
The link works for me.

With that extra information I think it's safe to say that the red and yellow pushers are a wink towards the Chinese flag.

I'm getting a 404 error on that link Hubert
Please try now; TAG Heuer as publishing the pages when I posted the link.

Official press release:
TAG HEUER UNVEILS TWO SPECIAL EDITIONS OF THE CHINESE LUNAR EXPLORATION PROGRAM
TAG Heuer, the Strategic Partner of China's Space Exploration Program, presents its exploration dreams at Baselworld and unveils two special editions.

Pushing boundaries, discovering new horizons or innovating technologically to travel ever further, this is what drives the China Space Exploration Program – CLEP – who has been TAG Heuer’s strategic partner and Official Timekeeper since 2016.

TAG Heuer shares these values with them by offering the “Space and Lunar Exploration” exhibition at the Baselworld 2018 show. CZ-5 rocket replica, exploration robot or even space capsule allow the public to immerse themselves in the CLEP's technologies and expertise.

The opportunity to unveil this partnership’s two special editions: a TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 01 and a TAG Heuer Aquaracer Caliber 5 Automatic.

Inspired by the hidden side of the Moon, TAG Heuer’s Carrera Heuer 01 Special Edition CLEP is limited to 100 pieces. Entirely black from strap to dial, chronographs with a bezel, the watch embodies a movement of exceptional craftsmanship, produced and developed by TAG Heuer: The Heuer 01. On the bottom of the case, the "Official Watch CLEP" engraving and the serial number formalize this limited edition.

Conceived to conquer Space, the TAG Heuer Aquaracer Caliber 5 is a mechanical watch faithful to the TAG Heuer Aquaracer collection signature codes. Water-resistant to 300 meters and resistant to high pressure, it has a 43mm case and a unidirectional rotating bezel in black ceramic.

As the only international brand to have partnered with the Chinese aerospace industry, TAG Heuer's history is intimately linked to Space. In 1962, the brand became the first Swiss watchmaker to surpass the limits of the Earth's atmosphere by accompanying American astronaut John Gleen. A 3-week orbit around the Earth, during which the pilot carried the legendary TAG Heuer 2915A stopwatch.

A new page of Space history is about to be written with the Space Exploration Program.

I see Omega now have a blue side of the moon.... I mean, seriously?

And next year it will be 50 years since the moon landing, Omega are gonna go completely crazy.

I see Omega now have a blue side of the moon.... I mean, seriously?

That was two years ago....

And next year it will be 50 years since the moon landing, Omega are gonna go completely crazy.

Well, the moon landing is one of mankind's greatest achievements so far, and you can expect there will be far more attention paid to the 50th anniversary than just from Omega....

That was two years ago....

Really? Oh, well.... it's just I saw it on someone's Baselworld 2018 video. Strange..

Well, the moon landing is one of mankind's greatest achievements so far, and you can expect there will be far more attention paid to the 50th anniversary than just from Omega....

That's true, I wonder how big the box will be though...

That's true, I wonder how big the box will be though...

Estimates vary!

it_was_this_big____by_admantius-d53ep4d.jpg

borisbig.png

paul-mccartney-it-was-this-big-and-it-echoed.jpg

Really? Oh, well.... it's just I saw it on someone's Baselworld 2018 video. Strange..

My mistake, you're right. The blue moonphase released before is steel, with a blue dial and bezel. This one is in a blue ceramic case. For some odd reason, along with the CK2998 pulsations LE it hasn't been highlighted by any other media outlet.

The Basel releases this year are pretty boring, and Omega is no exception - though I have tried on the Planet Ocean Big Blue (which is made of the same blue ceramic) and it's actually kinda cool