Forums Latest Members

2018 TAG Heuer F1 Gulf Special Edition (CAZ101N.FC8243)

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Apr 17, 2021

Well done!

Tag_ZA likes this.
  2. Tag_ZA

Tag_ZA Apr 17, 2021

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate the help, vast knowledge and comments of everyone here! Time to rock the F1 for Imola :cool:

3. Tigro

Tigro Dec 14, 2021

Hey everyone! Do you perhaps know if the strap issues have been resolved in some later batches manufactured or if it's still a problem? I reaaaally like the watch and wanted to buy it but I wouldn't want to pay as much (it's a lot of money for a watch for me) and then keep performing a back-and-forth with warranty because of the strap or buy a replacement immediately :(

4. kareem elgamal

kareem elgamal Jul 18, 2022

I have a question regarding the subdials. I have seen some models with silver dials, others with beige, and others with bright white. Which color is it? I

5. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jul 18, 2022

There are many fakes of this watch out there. The subdials should not be silver. It can look white or off-white depending on the lighting. But even many fakes have the right color subdial. Some of the fakes look near identical to the real one, so you need to be careful if not buying from an AD.

Here's mine, bought new from an AD when the watch was first released.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Jul 22, 2022

Now you've got me questioning my own as the subdials look silverish to me
    Formula 1 Gulf 1.jpg Formula 1 Gulf 2.jpg

7. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jul 22, 2022

Aquagraph likes this.
  8. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jul 22, 2022

Sub-dial color looks ok on yours from those pics. The silver sub-dials that I've seen on fakes are very silver. I can also tell some are fakes by the strap, but you've got an aftermarket strap on yours.

9. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Jul 29, 2022

The original strap was too short for me. Not liking the suede leather replacement very much either. The colors match well but it just doesn't feel right. Not to mention it's a dust particle collector! I'm gonna have to go with the steel bracelet as they always feel just right. It's the BA0842 if I'm not mistaken

10. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jul 29, 2022

Yes, TAG actually sell that as a 'online special'.... here in the UK at least
    [​IMG]

HoltzPlatz likes this.
  11. Glenn Lane

Glenn Lane May 11, 2023

I know it's kind of an old thread, but I used it to buy a strap for my new Tag CAZ101N Gulf F1 watch. After 2 days the factory strap was already showing wear so I searched online and found this thread. A huge thank you to TagZA. I bought the blue/orange silicone rubber strap he suggested from Strapsco.com. Two comments, look on Amazon, I paid $18 from Strapsco and it's only $16 on Amazon. That's unusual, normally I find it cheaper on the vendors own website, but not in this case. Second, the stock Tag buckle fits perfectly on this strap. Here's a photo: Strapsco Tag Watch Strap.jpg

Jim Dollares and HoltzPlatz like this.
  12. Glenn Lane

Glenn Lane Jun 5, 2023

I like the looks of the silicone blue strap that I got from Strapsco.com, however, it bugs me that the watch twists around on my wrist because the silicone is so slippery. So I'm saving the original strap in case I ever sell this watch and I bought a leather strap from Watch Strap World in England. It was only 33 pounds plus 11 pounds for shipping ($55 total). And the shipping only took 1 week. It fits perfectly, looks better than the original, and it doesn't slip around on my wrist. Oh and it's a little longer so it fits my wrist perfectly, the OEM was on the short side. Perfect. https://www.watchstrapworld.com/blu...r-f1-models-with-21-5-22-mm-lug-widths-5.html

Edited Jun 5, 2023
    paysdoufs likes this.