Forums Latest Members

2016 Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAY211A.FT6068 Rubber Strap

1. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 31, 2017

is within normal parameters. I wouldn't mess with it.

t0md0 likes this.
  2. t0md0

t0md0 May 31, 2017

Weird thing just happened.. Wound my watch about 3 days ago for about 40-50 times, wore it for the better part of those 3 days (didn't wear it today but I did pick it up and wore it for a few minutes since it's just a beautiful piece) thenI put it down only to find it stopped around 2 o'clock today. It didn't start up with movement, albeit, I didn't really try to move it for longer then a few seconds before I decided to wind it about 10 times until it finally started.

Anyone notice anything similar to my experience? I don't own a winder, how often should I be using the manual winder? Is it okay to use it often or just put it on and let it start moving on its own? Or wind it only a couple times until it starts and then wear it? I'm not used to it not starting right away like my Seiko does. The Seiko doesn't have a manual wind. When I set the watch and put it on it pretty much just starts right away.

Edited May 31, 2017
  3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member May 31, 2017

The answers are a quick search away...
    https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/calibre-5
    upload_2017-5-31_21-45-9.png
    Wearing it casually may not be enough to fully wind. If this is your only automatic don't bother with a winder. Just wind it three or four dozen turns, at least every other day, if you're going to wear it regularly.

4. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam May 31, 2017

Yes. For example. Wearing your automatic and typing on computer all day, doesnt count as powering the movement. In case you haven't noticed this.

Cheers

5. Spartan

Spartan Jun 1, 2017

My WAY211A did the same in very similar conditions, I wore it for at least for 10 hours day before, it was actually in China and I almost missed my arrangements for that day, fortunately I checked my phone :D Accuracy of my WAY211A is now "all over the place" as well, it makes -20s a day, then it makes -6s and so on... for first couple of months accuracy was normal... TAG is really spearing costs on movements, someone has to pay Alec Monopoly, so they use low grade of movements, which is why this happens.

6. t0md0

t0md0 Jun 1, 2017

Strange.. I wore my Seiko SXK007 mainly as a desk diver at work in front of a computer and it kept it wound perfectly fine. Safe to it it was more than adequate. I'd expect something as nice as a WAY211A to do as well or better.

7. t0md0

t0md0 Jun 1, 2017

I not sure if you're being sarcastic but if not, did you ever get your watch serviced? How is it working now a days? Your video actually gave me my push to purchase it so I am kind of sad to hear you're experiencing similarities as me and even worse, having your accuracy "all over the place".

8. Spartan

Spartan Jun 1, 2017

I´m definitely not being sarcastic (except the Alec Monopoly part). I haven´t got it serviced, that is not so easy in this country. Well, it is no secret, that TAG uses low grade Sellita SW 200-1 (and plastic holder), In my newer review I have said that it is the biggest weakness, and movement performance is no surprise for me, and I will have to deal with it. I´m really sorry, that I haven´t expressed this possibility clearly enough in my videos, but the serious accuracy problem have only started about two weeks ago.

Consistent +10s/day is actually quite acceptable performance for non COSC movement in my opinion.

Regarding the power reserve/winding problem, that happened only once, so that doesn´t seem to be serious problem with my unit.

Edited Jun 1, 2017
  9. t0md0

t0md0 Jun 1, 2017

What grade is in our WAY211A?

10. Spartan

Spartan Jun 2, 2017

It appears to be the lowest grade - standard.

11. t0md0

t0md0 Jun 2, 2017

Ouch.. I would think at least an Elaborate grade at the minimum. How did you confirm this? Did you open your case back? Again thank you for all the knowledge. At least I know what I have under the hood of my watch now.

12. Spartan

Spartan Jun 2, 2017

Yes, I have seen the movement and there is a couple of photos of inside of this watch on WUS. Always my pleasure to provide information, even thought it is quite unpleasant in this case.

t0md0 likes this.
  13. Chef40

Chef40 Jul 2, 2020

I’ve had mine for a while now and keeps very good time indeed and probably loses a few seconds every few weeks. I’ve owned many omegas and Rolexes and think this watch for the money is one of the best watches I’ve owned FBA559A4-0905-46B3-81E1-7BC0FB525DEF.jpeg

14. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jul 2, 2020

Looks great. While the Carrera and Monaco push higher and higher on pricing, the Aquaracer is probably the best value for money watch in the TAG Heuer range- mechanical movement, ceramic bezel..and looks great :thumbsup:

15. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jul 3, 2020

I agree. Now i really want Aquaracer Chronograph though :thumbsdown:

16. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jul 3, 2020

2 years between posts! I was confused for a bit.

17. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jul 3, 2020

3, actually, but who's counting...

18. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jul 4, 2020

Fat fingers on phone and not proofreading,::facepalm1:: anyway due to Covid 2020 is being deleted.

19. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jul 6, 2020

This is how we resurrect an old thread....