1990 TYRRELL F1 Team Watch - TAG Heuer Formula 1 Blue & White

Many know that the OG Formula 1 in Red & White was the official team watch of McLaren F1 throughout the late '80s and into the '90s. As seen in this pic.

But I recently learned of a cool new discovery! 😎

The OG Formula 1 was also issued as the official team watch of Tyrrell F1 in 1990. This one in Blue & White, matching the Tyrrell 019 Ford's livery of that year. I learned this fact from a fellow Instagramer who left a nice comment about one of my TAG Heuer Formula 1 posts. Turns out he was a Tyrrell team member back then and still has his team issue watch. Which he confirmed to be the one pictured here.

It's a great piece of F1 history, as the US Grand Prix in Phoenix opened the 1990 season, marking the startling rise of one Jean Alesi. Who led for almost half the race, against the might of Ayrton Senna and his dominant McLaren Honda. Even after Senna eventually passed Alesi, he further impressed by re-taking the lead from Senna!

Needless to say, I now feel the urge to add one of these to my F1 collection. It's not a priority, but as I'm an Alesi fan, it's probably just a matter of time. 😗

Many know that the OG Formula 1 in Red & White was the official team watch of McLaren F1 throughout the late '80s and into the '90s. As seen in this pic.

But I recently learned of a cool new discovery! 😎

The OG Formula 1 was also issued as the official team watch of Tyrrell F1 in 1990. This one in Blue & White, matching the Tyrrell 019 Ford's livery of that year. I learned this fact from a fellow Instagramer who left a nice comment about one of my TAG Heuer Formula 1 posts. Turns out he was a Tyrrell team member back then and still has his team issue watch. Which he confirmed to be the one pictured here.

It's a great piece of F1 history, as the US Grand Prix in Phoenix opened the 1990 season, marking the startling rise of one Jean Alesi. Who led for almost half the race, against the might of Ayrton Senna and his dominant McLaren Honda. Even after Senna eventually passed Alesi, he further impressed by re-taking the lead from Senna!

Needless to say, I now feel the urge to add one of these to my F1 collection. It's not a priority, but as I'm an Alesi fan, it's probably just a matter of time. 😗

Alesi, Great guy. Especially because we share the same passion. ‘La Regina’

One of the few F1s I didn't manage to find in good condition for a reasonable price... also Alesi was my favourite driver, he deserved way better than one win.

Alesi, Great guy. Especially because we share the same passion. ‘La Regina’

Talking about the devil. Now P3, Bahrein F1

One of the few F1s I didn't manage to find in good condition for a reasonable price... also Alesi was my favourite driver, he deserved way better than one win.
The nice ones on ebay (as of now) are priced quite high. If word gets out that this is the Alesi - Team Tyrrell F1, it won't help matters.

I think everyone expected great things from Alesi. If he had signed with Williams instead of Ferrari, he might've even been world champion and surely more than 1 win. But I don't think anyone could blame him, Ferrari seemed like the stronger team in 1990, who knew they were about to enter a slump period. (Kind of reminds me of Lando, who's yet to get his first win and continues on with McLaren while he could easily go to a stronger team.)